20 iso to doom D3

Punatulkku
Punatulkku Posts: 228
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Really? i havent got a single token from galactus and i have hit him every time possible.

When will you get rid of the 20iso reward? Its pushing players away from the game.

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Especially in an event like this. Can't they suspend their no-prize? I know they don't play the game but can't they understand how it pees in our cheerios to beat Galactus or Ultron and get the worse than nothing insult your mom slap you in the face spit in your eye prize?

Amy-Poehler-Seth-Meyers-really-SNL.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    image.jpg
  • Entertained, yes. But i dont like when game companies use "middlefinger" emotes in games to impress their player base.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Its pretty insulting when you get 1 cp the first time beating Galactus then go through a whole clear beating him and getting nothing but 20 Iso each time
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I was just thinking about making a complaint thread regarding this after I made a clear in round 6. I defeated him 6 times and only pulled the 500 iso so 1/5 on rewards...it is great that they added the cp to the prize pool but what good is it if you cannot get the rewards? To make it worse I pulled the 500 iso on my first win so I was hoping the rest would come after wins but nope, a repeated punch in the d!ck for my efforts. 20 iso for taking down a "boss" is a flat out insult to all players, nevermind that they removed event tokens from the two sub nodes as again what good are the rewards if you cannot get them?

Same goes for the odds on tokens - as the event started I needed Nova as my Hunt event had not ended so I cashed in my hunt tokens and the few Galactus ones I had with out pulling a single cover out of 13 so I figured I would try my luck with a Galactus 10-pack - pulled all 2*s even though Nova has a 1.4% chance. I would have been alright with a few Iron Fist covers also as he is my highest champion, 5.6% chance my ****....I am so fed up and po'd with how stingy the devs are towards us players and I know I am not alone...23 tokens and not one featured character? Something is certainly wrong with this system....
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I have beaten Galactus maybe 15 times and have so far received a total of 1 CP. icon_cry.gif

But at least I'm not getting Critical Boosts! icon_lol.gif
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I have to apologise for taking your luck in getting the two CP and the token in my last round of Galactus, although the constant health packs I keep getting from the DPD vault means i'm entitled to this.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Apparently all of your event tokens and CP are getting funneled to me. Sorry.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is both the blessing and curse of randomised rewards.

Each event has an expected value that you should get out of it. Demiurge uses it to control how quickly people progress in the game. By using randomised rewards and a no-prize D3 can give out bigger individual rewards with the expectation that people will only get 30-40% of the available prize pool.

If they were to go with fixed, guaranteed rewards then the prize pool would be reduced by 60% to maintain the same progression rate. There might not even be the chance to pull tokens or CP from nodes anymore with the reduced value.

Personally I prefer the gamble and the larger progress when I pull something worthwhile over being trickle fed guaranteed resources. But I understand if you prefer the other way. The option of having high value rewards and being guaranteed them all isn't ever going to be on the table .
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Official reply from d3:

"We apologize that the rewards for beating Galactus are not being distributed properly as players are reporting only receiving 20 iso after beating Galactus the first time. We will be offering 100 iso and 5 critical boosts as compensation. Sorry for the inconvenience."
    Of course this is not real but this goes along with the standard copy/ paste reply we receive when something gets messed up on their end and the compensation is about accurate too
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Punatulkku wrote:
    Really? i havent got a single token from galactus and i have hit him every time possible.

When will you get rid of the 20iso reward? Its pushing players away from the game.

Limiting the number of times you can hit a node makes this 20 iso issue even more bull*&^%

Can you let us keep hitting the Galactus node even if it adds no points? This isn't ideal but, as a short term measure, would avoid locking out good rewards
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    You guys have some bad luck icon_e_sad.gif
    I've hit him plenty and I think I've gotten 20 iso like... once
  • Luck shouldnt be in this big role. It's preventing people from progressing and locking some content in game.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    As the game has progressed from a 3 star.png progression to a 4 star.png and now a 5 star.png game, the minimum ISO reward should increase. It is really disheartening to clear a board with 3 lvl 265 villains and earn 20 ISO for the effort.

Maybe increase the minimum ISO based on the lvl of the opponents. This would be easy code to add to the calculator. I'll buy more HP to help pay the developer for the hour it will take to add it to the next patch.
  • I'm playing Galactus strictly to support my alliance, and yeah, the repeated 20ISO rewards while CP are still in the pool are yet another reason I've largely moved on from MPQ (I WILL finish my 3*s before I delete this game, even if it takes another 2+ years to do so. lol).

Add to that the fact that I've drawn nothing but 2*s from all of my "special" Galactus lottery ticket/tokens, and it's pretty tough to even open the event.

Hope this isn't too negative, because I understand some aren't too tolerant of comments that aren't flowery enough, but I tend to deal in reality, so yeah.

20ISO rewards in general are perhaps the single greatest example of MPQ at it's worst, and 20ISO rewards during what is supposed to be a "special" event? There are no words.

DBC
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Punatulkku wrote:
    Luck shouldnt be in this big role. It's preventing people from progressing and locking some content in game.

You're talking about the same game where the highest level of progression is strictly luck-based. As disheartening and sickening as this is, no one should be remotely surprised.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Don't worry guys... a couple of months before Anniversary, they told us that they were aware of the iso issues and would be working on a fix after anniversary. Also, they said they might even work on dialing back the thor/xforce nerfs!

Considering that this is the company that had a magneto nerf announced for a full year before implementing it, we should see an increase to iso in early 2017. Don't hold them to that date though... things are subject to change!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I've drawn Nova and three Rhulks in the last two days. My 5* luck continues to be bad, but at least I'm getting something other than another 1,000 ISO Fury cover, which was my luck for the last two months.