they took my secret button!

shatland
shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
i read through the R93 patch notes and hoped with every last inch of me that

"- PVP events: multiple opponents are no longer skipped when pressing the "Skip" button quickly"

was not talking about my secret button. i've been using that hidden skip button for nearly a year! it was so much more efficient than tapping a node twice to load new opponents. the invisible "load" button in question was in exactly the same place as the "skip" button after the screen changed. i could just choose one node and keep my thumb in one place and skip and load until i got the match i wanted. i thought to post about it here to see if anyone else knew about it, but thought that if i did, it would get fixed. well, obviously someone found it and mistook it for a bug. in fact, it's been there for so long i thought maybe the devs left it in there as some sort of debug/hidden feature for themselves or something. man, what a sad day. skipping/loading nodes is going to take FORRREEEVVVVVERRRR now....

anyways, /rant

but, out of curiosity and now the cats out of the bag (and in the frying pan) did anyone else use this wonderful, beautiful hidden button to their advantage as i did for so long?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I had been using the hidden skip button for a few months. It was so useful to skip matches quickly... sad to see it go icon_cry.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I hit that secret button a few times by mistake. Interesting to see it wasn't just me.
  • Never heard of it... damn
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have used it but when hunting bakers I tend to click too fast anyway and sometimes get in a rut and skip a good match. this would have led to more accidental skips.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I had also been using this, it takes a lot longer to skip matches now.

However I did skip the odd cupcake using the fast method.
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Like a previous player said, did not know it was there but explains how I accidentally skipped over matches I actually wanted.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Use the spacebar after clicking skip to move to the next option.
    Not quite as convenient as before but you can skip pretty much just as fast.