We NEED A Fast Animation Option! (please)

Options
BEK023
BEK023 Posts: 10
Hey Peeps.

Just had an idea in the name of speed and efficiency!

I've played this game for 600 days straight. I mostly play PVE but I do take part in some of the more prestigious PVP events as well. So going on 2 years of play time I KNOW that, Daken makes strike.png
Bullseye makes enemyprotect.png ... I know Doc oc does his crazy stuff with special tiles... Ironfist makes fisting tiles at the start of every turn. Same with Luke cage's shield tile... blades strike.png creation etc etc the list goes on!

My issue is if you get a green match then cascade to maybe 1 or 2 other green matches your watching 30 seconds of dakens strike.png animation. First you get the purple name banner...then the tile animation. Same will Bullseye and his enemyprotect.png passive. There are so many characters that have these long animations that really add unnecessary length to matches. ESPECIALLY when you're grinding those PVE nodes down to 1

I would LOVE to see a toggle option in the settings menu to allow for fast animation. Playing this game for 2 years straight I feel I know what every character does (at least all of the SAME FREAKING 4 or 5 PVE villians we have to fight every SINGLE event......). Having the animation go 3 or 4 times faster would be a HUGE improvement to the game!!! Faster gameplay always helps, but for when new characters come in we can always switch fast animation off until we get comfortable again!

Thoughts?

TL;DR allow an option in settings for fast animation to speed up gameplay!

Comments

• rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    You forget the worst of all : Carnage.
    Would love to see the option.
  • BigPon
    Options
    I absolutely agree. I was just thinking of how much time this adds to each and every match. Add a few seconds to each turn ....makes an extra minute or 2 per match .... Multiply that by 10 nodes each run in pve......
  • BEK023
    Options
    rastafari7 wrote:

Oh yea forgot about that! Just played a match against ant-man and human torch... took ages! ants ants ants and flame jet every turn... so frustrating!
  • BEK023
    Options
    BigPon wrote:
    I absolutely agree. I was just thinking of how much time this adds to each and every match. Add a few seconds to each turn ....makes an extra minute or 2 per match .... Multiply that by 10 nodes each run in pve......

Yup! Something so small could make such a huge improvement.
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoy
    FOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Allowing this would mean that in order to stay competitive, everybody would turn off animations. D3 wouldn't want that.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm no whale, but I would really be willing to pay for a Fast Animation Option if they make it a purchasable add-in. I feel like it would be worth 10$ to me.

I know, I know, let's not give D3 any ideas...
  • BEK023
    Options
    Allowing this would mean that in order to stay competitive, everybody would turn off animations. D3 wouldn't want that.

For PVP maybe... But not so much for PVE. There's only so many points you can get. Once your nodes are down to less than 100 points per win you're not going to get any significant placement gains. especially seeing how getting your node down to 1 faster than the next person doesn't have an advantage. And besides there are a few way more unfair advantages already in place that effect competitive balance.

one being the powered up characters. If you don't have the powered up characters you're not going to have a good time in the nodes.

Second and most significant is the required character nodes. if you have only 1 of the required characters of the 3 needed... you are way way behind the 8 ball. You will most likely not get anywhere near top leaderboards. Other people who have the three chars are going to get all the juicy points from those nodes icon_e_smile.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sometimes I only have 20 minutes to play. There was a node on The Hunt that was Bullseye, Moonstone and Lieutenant. I had OML, KK and 3hor.

I wanted to jab my eyes out.

They will never make a fast animation option. It would give some people advantage over others. It's all or none.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But if everyone has the option to turn on/off fast animation, then no one is at a disadvantage.

The only players watching the full animation will be new players and maybe vets watching new character abilities every once in a while. And, I think vets in every game should have an advantage due to experience. That's a more deserving than some of the other advantages out there.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    BEK023 wrote:
    I would LOVE to see a toggle option in the settings menu to allow for fast animation.
    Agree that this sounds like a fantastic idea. Suspect that D3Go won't do it because it's surely part of the design that Carnage's main use in defence is that he discourages attackers because his animations take SO LONG to play through...
  • I've wanted since the second day I play this game.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BEK023 wrote:
    For PVP maybe... But not so much for PVE.

Oh yes for PVE. If i turn off my animations and take 2 hours for the final grind in a sub while you take 3 with animations on, that allows my nodes to reload an hour more and I'll come up on top every time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BEK023 wrote:

For PVP maybe... But not so much for PVE. There's only so many points you can get. Once your nodes are down to less than 100 points per win you're not going to get any significant placement gains. especially seeing how getting your node down to 1 faster than the next person doesn't have an advantage.
    You haven't played a new char release PVE for T10 in a while, have you?
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They wont do that. Players who would have animations turned - off would have massive advantage.
  • rastafari7 wrote:

Oh dear God, I never enjoyed the extended animations, which is sad, because some of them are truly quite well done (perils of everything being time-based and competitive), but never really hated them until Carnage.

For the love of all that's holy, a loaner lode with Goons should not take the better part of an hour... lol

DBC
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What annoys me most is that they've shown they can implement abilities that go off quickly. It just doesn't seem to be a priority, for whatever reason.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting fact: YOUR DEVICE IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM!

Fun Fact: 2 years ago my 1st generation iPad could still run MPQ, and I started a 2nd profile on it when I was down on health packs and too addicted to this game. It was absolutely insane how much slower it was compared to my iPhone 4s! Then when I upgraded to my iPhone 6 it was just as stark of a difference.

If you want a Fast Animation Option, upgrade your device.

As far as turning off the animations, (ignoring the balancing issue it would cause in the Meta-game), what would make the game "MARVEL" Puzzle Quest anymore?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe you feel like you're living the high life after playing on a **** tablet, but most of us have only played on modern devices and still find the repeated animations to be a problem.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say my biggest complaint would be in PVE against Pyro minions. I have no idea why their countdowns take so long to finish the animation. What is it, 1,5 second burn noise, then an empty delay of 2-3 seconds before the damage and tile destruction actually takes effect? The power animations are typically fine, barring the attack tile bug some time back.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I'd say my biggest complaint would be in PVE against Pyro minions. I have no idea why their countdowns take so long to finish the animation. What is it, 1,5 second burn noise, then an empty delay of 2-3 seconds before the damage and tile destruction actually takes effect? The power animations are typically fine, barring the attack tile bug some time back.
    You let pyro tiles go off? icon_e_wink.gif