alliance lock and galactus

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Can someone explain to me how it works. Is the alliance locked at the moment galactus starts?
Or if you have not yet picked a slice yet, you can join an alliance after galactus started, and then pick a slice and your score counts towards the new alliance.
Or can you pick a slice while in your alliance, leave it, and rejoin later and then continue counting for your score?
this confuses me and i cant find any proper explanation anywhere about it.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Say you're in alliance "ABC" when you start playing galactus. Then all your galactus points go to alliance "ABC", even if you leave that alliance later on for other events, such as pvp.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are no time slices in Galactus.
    But once you join the event you have to confirm you are in the right alliance. After that all your Galactus points go to that alliance's Galactus score, even if you leave that alliance and join another.
  • so if i am "alliance-less" at the moment galactus starts, my points will then go towards the first alliance i join after the start ? Or my points go to no one?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    so if i am "alliance-less" at the moment galactus starts, my points will then go towards the first alliance i join after the start ? Or my points go to no one?
    To whomever you join.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:
    so if i am "alliance-less" at the moment galactus starts, my points will then go towards the first alliance i join after the start ? Or my points go to no one?
    To whomever you join.
    Yes. I don't think you can play Galactus if you are not in an alliance.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:
    To whomever you join.

You can play, but you will be an alliance of 1. So you will not have any hopes of finishing very much on the progression scale.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Frasaria wrote:
    You will be classed as being in your own alliance so even if you join an alliance during the event your points won't go towards their total.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Frasaria wrote:

Correct answer.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... event-info

Alliance Gameplay:

Just like the previous Boss Battle, Avengers vs Ultron, you will need to join or start an alliance to fully enjoy this event.
  • "to fully enjoy this event" still says that you can play, just that you will not enjoy it.
    I am afraid for Linkster79's answer, if that is true, then that messes things up.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't join if you're not in an alliance! Yikes, that would be awful.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    If a player in your alliance (who is playing Galactus) leaves, can they come back?
  • Darknes21 wrote:
    If a player in your alliance (who is playing Galactus) leaves, can they come back?

Yes assuming your alliance isn't full again when they try to rejoin. You can hop as many alliances as you want as many times as you want. But your points gained will always go with the alliance you were with at the time you started the event.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried to join when I wasn't in an alliance, just to see what happened. It said I had to create one or look for one. It won't let you play unless you're in an alliance.