The devs are being amazing

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've wanted to write this after the champion release, but seeing the quicksilver changes sealed the deal for me. The devs are being AWESOME.

First, championing was brilliant. So many solutions to problems rolled in one change. Rewards to long time players, reasons to keep scoring high, reasons to stay with a good alliance, reasons to level max characters, transition help, oh, and just FUN.

Now they're going back and fixing trash tier characters? AMAZING. I've only kept bad characters around as some sort of punishment for needing them for tournaments and boosts. I had sold quicksilver before instead of buying a roster slot for him. Later I did buy him again as a temp spot, but he would have been sold again just as quickly if I had to choose again. Now? I don't want to sell any character, no matter how bad. I WILL buy the roster slot and keep them around because they might be decent.

I'm excited to see the devs make so many good changes, and I want em to know their hard work puts a big smile on my face. I was so close to quitting a little over a month ago, but now? How could I? Great job devs, thanks.

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    I agree that most of the new and upcoming changes have been very positive. It is too bad, really that they smudged all that brilliance with a harmful refusal to provide any communication regarding pressing matters and game-altering bugs. Going by the detailed notes on Nova and the Galactus event and matchmaking changes, they are also trying to improve that now.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I echo your sentiments about the improved communication and game changes but can't agree on Quicksilver. I think he still sucks but now I actually resent the character because it seems the changes were specifically made to screw up Invisible Woman's spot in Clash of the Titans. Granted, she may never have come around again at the rate they are spamming 4* releases but now she has gone from absolutely dreadful garbage tier to a slot below that.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    I echo your sentiments about the improved communication and game changes but can't agree on Quicksilver. I think he still sucks but now I actually resent the character because it seems the changes were specifically made to screw up Invisible Woman's spot in Clash of the Titans. Granted, she may never have come around again at the rate they are spamming 4* releases but now she has gone from absolutely dreadful garbage tier to a slot below that.

This does seem like the true reason for them making these changes rather than trying to help out players, they will have seen that due to it being an actual puzzle, far more people will have been getting the LT from the IW DPD.

If they were actually doing it for the benefit of the player then they would have started with the most broken trash characters first before eventually getting round to QS and would be doing them in batches rather than one at a time too.
  • snlf25
    Exactly. This was not a change designed to help the player but rather another stumbling block in the already barely traversable road to progress with the added bonus that many players didn't even realise it. I wonder if we will see an improvement to Carnage or Prof X next, the only other player you can win with only one cover. Winning with one cover doesn't drive sales of Iso or cover packs.
  • Pylgrim
    edited January 2016
    snlf25 wrote:

Not only are you understimating the changes made to Quicksilver, you also seem to be missing the fact that the CoT fight will be easier because now you can ensure that your locked tiles will /not/ help him so you can use them strategically instead of having to save them up until when you can blow them up right away.
  • wirius
    I'm not sure why you guys seem angry. Those are very real and substantial buffs. I think that's a SERIOUS case of negativity if you think they did all that work to make ONE DDQ that comes along every few months harder.
  • Crowl
    wirius wrote:
    I'm not sure why you guys seem angry. Those are very real and substantial buffs. I think that's a SERIOUS case of negativity if you think they did all that work to make ONE DDQ that comes along every few months harder.

Maybe people are just being cynical that this has happened at the same time as that Carnage change, not to mention that all polls have clearly shown who the players think are in a bigger need of a buff.
  • wirius
    I would think a bigger reason for QS buffs is his pvp is coming out next. Also, while he's not the WORST character, he's definitely a trash tier character. Wait, why am I justifying BUFFS? You negative Nancies are crazy.
  • snlf25
    Pylgrim wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

Not only are you understimating the changes made to Quicksilver, you also seem to be missing the fact that the CoT fight will be easier because now you can ensure that your locked tiles will /not/ help him so you can use them strategically instead of having to save them up until when you can blow them up right away.

In my opinion he will only be better in the Invisible Woman Clash because she so desperately needs those blue tiles to power her only offensive move. You can avoid/manage blue matches so much more easily in a standard 3-3 match. In a regular match Quicksilver is still going to have the problem of being unable to keep those teamup tiles on the board long enough plus you lose the critical tile generation from his green. This means she has to slow down blue collection and deny green like the plague because now his green is designed to help blow her out of her bubble. I've thought a lot about it. Plus he does less black damage. It seems to me like he got even more niche ans is even more specifically designed to kill Invisible Woman. I might be missing something but I have thought about it.
  • Pylgrim
    snlf25 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

In my opinion he will only be better in the Invisible Woman Clash because she so desperately needs those blue tiles to power her only offensive move. You can avoid/manage blue matches so much more easily in a standard 3-3 match. In a regular match Quicksilver is still going to have the problem of being unable to keep those teamup tiles on the board long enough plus you lose the critical tile generation from his green. This means she has to slow down blue collection and deny green like the plague because now his green is designed to help blow her out of her bubble. I've thought a lot about it. Plus he does less black damage. It seems to me like he got even more niche ans is even more specifically designed to kill Invisible Woman. I might be missing something but I have thought about it.

Read about what people who play and like Quicksilver have said in other threads. The improvement to his particular game plan is significant. As for CoT... I don't understand how avoiding or managing blue matches is different in 1 v 1 from 3 v 3? You still get only one match per turn. And now you get to use your own locked tiles offensively to stop certain matches from being made. On top of that, his black, which was the colour that you couldn't afford to deny because is useless to you, is now much weaker. It's all in paper right now, but I'm positive that when that match comes it will be easier, not harder. It's not as though it was a super difficult match to begin with...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree on loving the positive changes.

Don't know why people are complaining about COT. Must be playing that node wrong. You know, if you get one set of blue/green, you can just blow up all of QS's lock tiles? Hiding behind yellow and trying to match damage him to death is both inefficient and ineffective.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am possibly the most negative user of this forum but all I can say is WOW!

An improvement to a lower tier character, with clear concise communication and a possibility of more to come. Also done in plenty of time to allow players to sell if they wish or respec.

Clear communication on the Galactus event.

Clear communication on forthcoming MMR changes, again with lots of notice given.

Note what all these things have in common, communication. Something that has been sorely lacking these last 6 months or so. Hardly any backlash from the forums regarding changes as we have been informed prior to changes happening. So may like the changes, some may not, but by letting us know beforehand a lot of brush fires have been put out before they start.

Please admins keep the news flowing and finally realise that by engaging your most ardent fans that we aren't all arseholes, just the minority like me are.
  • Crowl
    scottee wrote:
    Don't know why people are complaining about COT. Must be playing that node wrong. You know, if you get one set of blue/green, you can just blow up all of QS's lock tiles? Hiding behind yellow and trying to match damage him to death is both inefficient and ineffective.

Hiding behind yellow does give people with a less covered IW a chance in that one though unlike most of those DDQ's where a lower level 4* will just get blown up by the computer opponent.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Force Field Crush doesn't destroy all locked tiles, only "force bubbles". Force Bubbles are always locked tiles, but locked tiles are not necessarily Force Bubbles. This means that Quicksilver can use your Force Bubbles towards his blue explosion, but you can't do anything with his locked tiles.
  • Pylgrim
    CNash wrote:
    Force Field Crush doesn't destroy all locked tiles, only "force bubbles". Force Bubbles are always locked tiles, but locked tiles are not necessarily Force Bubbles. This means that Quicksilver can use your Force Bubbles towards his blue explosion, but you can't do anything with his locked tiles.

But with the latest update to QS, he can only count force bubbles if they are on Tu tiles.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yes, so you're now able to use Force Bubbles/Force Field Crush as it was intended to be used, rather than having to save up enough green before using your blue to avoid handing QS more locked tiles. This is a good change. It's counterbalanced by QS's green now creating locked tiles.
  • wirius
    Also good Galactus event so far. Less complaining, more playing!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lots of good changes recently. Now if they can also find a way to make the 4-5* progression a bit less based on blind luck, I'll be a happy camper.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:

You place your bubbles next to his locked tiles and blow them up.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    On another positive note, I'm really liking 3* Spidey's new in-game art.