Anyone got inside scoop on why no Drax?

IFORANI
IFORANI Posts: 91
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So anyone got the 411 on Drax? Would be a nice add for all The Collector's.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my opinion, they had to hold at least 1 character back, so they would have a big release for GoTG2 when it comes out.
  • IFORANI
    Wonder if that's the case if they could do one if not all these also The Collector, Yondu, and Howard Duck. That would just be to GOOD though.

Thanks for the response it's just as likely as they got busy with other things and he just never fit in. Not as important as 5 versions of Wolverines or 4 of Spidey.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    IFORANI wrote:
    Wonder if that's the case if they could do one if not all these also The Collector, Yondu, and Howard Duck. That would just be to GOOD though.

Thanks for the response it's just as likely as they got busy with other things and he just never fit in. Not as important as 5 versions of Wolverines or 4 of Spidey.

Apparently erm...that guy in the cocoon will be in the sequel. Warlock? Wardon? Warwick Davis? I forget. So he'll probably show up in-game around that time. I reckon they'll do a GotG promotion with Drax showing up in a previous PvP and then the whole team will be boosted to take on a new PvE to earn Warwick Davis.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    IFORANI wrote:

Apparently erm...that guy in the cocoon will be in the sequel. Warlock? Wardon? Warwick Davis? I forget. So he'll probably show up in-game around that time. I reckon they'll do a GotG promotion with Drax showing up in a previous PvP and then the whole team will be boosted to take on a new PvE to earn Warwick Davis.

I would grind the **** out of a seven-day event to win Warwick Davis. Similar to OML, he becomes different roles whe he reaches 12 AP in different colors: Willow Ufgood, Wicket the Ewok, Professor Flitwick, the Leprechaun, and ... I dunno, two other ones.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Couple reasons.

1. Adding Drax would just ensure you have 4 GotG characters, but can only use 3 of them. No big priority to make one of them the odd man out.

2. Gives them something to do either for GotG 2 release or to lead up to release.

3. They probably finalized the other characters first and didn't find a good ability set they liked for Drax. He's a little less..... unique? feeling than the others, in my opinion. Also gets the least attention in the books.
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    SirLanik wrote:
    Couple reasons.

1. Adding Drax would just ensure you have 4 GotG characters, but can only use 3 of them. No big priority to make one of them the odd man out.

For what it's worth, we have Marvel's first family, Fantastic Four, and folks barely use any of them (Torch slightly more than Thing, but only due to rarity most likely).
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Yes don't add drax. How about mantis instead. This one would approve of that icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phyla-Vell or bust!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's just extremely generic? He occupies the same niche that characters like Colossus, Thing and Hulk already occupy but with less iconic moves and personality.
  • IFORANI
    I just thought it would be nice and if anyone with some knowledge that I might of missed to why he was never released.

I never really try to dab into character designs or character wishes. I understand there's a whole galaxy of other characters everyone would rather have released. Naturally, he is a tank character which many don't care for. I think it could be a different tank though because the lack of understanding metaphors and his relationships with other GOTG members.

It would be nice to have a power in which with a special tile on board could return attacks to the enemy team when over a certain damage amount (AOE). Call it "My Reflexes are to Fast". Also making one of each the remaining powers assist powers specific to the other members. Something a little different from a tank.

Like I said I really don't think about that stuff to much so just throwing it out there. Only character I really want in the game is Gambit always been just my favorite since a got into comics.

I'm just wanting to finish the GOTG team chalk it up to my CDO. Thanks for the input from most, it was appreciated.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Yes don't add drax. How about mantis instead. This one would approve of that icon_e_smile.gif

Mantis is supposedly in the second movie, it would make far more sense for her to wait until then.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I am very hopeful for Cosmo. This game needs more psychic Communist dogs.