MPQ For Xbox One Arriving Next Week

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ_Console_Coming_Soon_XboxOne.jpg

Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that the long wait is over and Marvel Puzzle Quest will be arriving for the Xbox One console next week!
This stand-alone console version of MPQ features both single player and local and online multiplayer, and arrives February 5th for $14.99 MSRP.

We hope you have fun kicking back on the couch and rocking some console MPQ action!

Thor_Goddess_of_Thunder_MPQConsole_XboxOne.jpg

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't wait to try it!!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    So will this be the same version as the Xbox 360 and Ps3, or with additional content?

DLC plans?
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Ok... what do yo mean with
    local and online multiplayer
    are we going to have live pvp?!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The other console versions have online (simultaneous) versus play. It's the same as normal, except you can't choose who you're attacking, which makes it a little more tactical.
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    So what is the big difference from the mobile and steam version? Is there ddq? Alliences? PvE, PvP etc Seems like from some vids on youtube that you level without ISO. Seems cool, i love the interface, if there is no buying roster spots and just a price for just the game I'm in. Always wanted multiplayer mpq.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    It's a bit funny that a match-3 game can get a T-rating.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Krongle wrote:
    Art, I'd guess.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    there will prolly be DLC for 10 a pop, that will have pve events and also new characters.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    loroku wrote:
    Krongle wrote:
    Art, I'd guess.

It is Cyclops's fault.
  • Will this have the CD animation when switching goons? I know the other console versions branched before this feature was added to mobile/steam. Or were the newer features merged back to the console branch?

How is it determined who goes first in live PvP? First move makes a huge difference.
  • Nodtveidt
    Nodtveidt Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Hi, where can i see the special features for this game version? For example there will be alliance ranks, events, etc
    Thanks
  • SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Nodtveidt wrote:
    Hi, where can i see the special features for this game version? For example there will be alliance ranks, events, etc
    Thanks

Wondering the same thing, very little information on this.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are no special features and nothing besides head to head multiplayer.

Apart from that it's a complete single player experience, no leaderboards, no nothing.
    You grind till you drop.

No new DLC since the game came out a few months ago.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    The Xbox 360 already has 2 DLC for this game, Dar Reign Vol 1 & 2. Will this be included in the Xbox One version or is it going to be separate or will it have it at all? Why all the secrecy? I would HOPE that it would be more like the pc, android, ios game but a stand alone game is okay too I guess. I know I'll buy it regardless.
  • Bowgentle
    Adventfire wrote:
    The Xbox 360 already has 2 DLC for this game, Dar Reign Vol 1 & 2. Will this be included in the Xbox One version or is it going to be separate or will it have it at all? Why all the secrecy? I would HOPE that it would be more like the pc, android, ios game but a stand alone game is okay too I guess. I know I'll buy it regardless.
    Knowing D3, it will be the exact same version as the other console versions.
    So look at reviews of the PS4 version, it will be the exact same.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    It's funny, Marvel Puzzle Quest is supposed to come out for Xbox One tomorrow and there is still no listing for it in the Xbox Store. No mention of it anyone where on XBL and after inquiring on twitter to Larry Hryb and Mike Ybarra, neither one knew anything about the game coming out? Also, it doesn't seem like D3 is doing very much to promote it either? Is this game an embarrassment? I wish the ongoing MPQ game was released on Xbox or at least as a Win 10 app but hey I'll take what I can get. I just think it sad that I'm more excited about the game than the company who made it or the company who's next gen console it's going to be on.
  • Adventfire wrote:
    It's funny, Marvel Puzzle Quest is supposed to come out for Xbox One tomorrow and there is still no listing for it in the Xbox Store. No mention of it anyone where on XBL and after inquiring on twitter to Larry Hryb and Mike Ybarra, neither one knew anything about the game coming out? Also, it doesn't seem like D3 is doing very much to promote it either? Is this game an embarrassment? I wish the ongoing MPQ game was released on Xbox or at least as a Win 10 app but hey I'll take what I can get. I just think it sad that I'm more excited about the game than the company who made it or the company who's next gen console it's going to be on.

It's up on Major Nelson's blog now.

Is there PvP events in this? If it's just a single player game with head to head MP, then I don't think I'll drop $20 on it, the mobile game seems to have more. But if there are PvP events like the mobile game I'll grab it.
  • Bowgentle
    stray wrote:
    Adventfire wrote:

It's up on Major Nelson's blog now.

Is there PvP events in this? If it's just a single player game with head to head MP, then I don't think I'll drop $20 on it, the mobile game seems to have more. But if there are PvP events like the mobile game I'll grab it.
    Just single player with head to head MP, yes. No events of any kind.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    It's out now... I installed it before work.

Reminder that the game is based on character balance from quite a while ago, so characters like Spider-man still have true healing. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    alaeth wrote:
    It's out now... I installed it before work.

Reminder that the game is based on character balance from quite a while ago, so characters like Spider-man still have true healing. icon_e_wink.gif
    It doesn't matter.
    Your chars are completely healed after each battle.