Have alliance CP all but disappeared?

IFORANI
IFORANI Posts: 91
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Noticed that it has been almost 2 weeks since I have received any CP from alliance members purcahses?

I'm sure it's all part of the trickle down from the changes recently. Was wondering if there's others that's noticed the samething.

Or has it not changed for you?

And if so, is this good or bad in the long run both for players and MPQ?

Comments

• Very little reason to spend money for HP. And if you are spending specifically for CP you are going to leave and join a buyer's alliance.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IFORANI wrote:
    Noticed that it has been almost 2 weeks since I have received any CP from alliance members purcahses?

I'm sure it's all part of the trickle down from the changes recently. Was wondering if there's others that's noticed the samething.

Largely it changed with hero points losing most of their buying power. The average player doesn't need hp like they used to, and when they do, it's easy enough to find a buyer club
  • Hasn't changed for our Alliance ... I received some CP this week
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've received some, but drastically less frequent, and I think only one 7cp this week and several 1cp. most of the 7cp purchases go to clubs and I don't blame them. no reason to buy hp at the same clip any more. if they'd triple/quadruple the iso you get, more would consider that, but playing hp neutral/positive is much easier if you play pve (to t50 subs) like everyone is now for the iso.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    There are certainly still folks buying HP, but the big spenders have mostly moved into Buying Clubs, and there's less demand for HP among those who aren't trying to whale new characters. So - the top is gone, and demand in the middle is slack.
    Still, I think the changes to HP are generally good for the game, while not being great for D3's bottom line, so kudos to them.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    drcassino wrote:
    There are certainly still folks buying HP, but the big spenders have mostly moved into Buying Clubs, and there's less demand for HP among those who aren't trying to whale new characters. So - the top is gone, and demand in the middle is slack.
    Still, I think the changes to HP are generally good for the game, while not being great for D3's bottom line, so kudos to them.

It means that the only people earning CP belong to Buy Club. It means that members of Buy Club are the only ones getting CP, which means they are the only ones able to buy the classic LT packs in bulk. Which means that they are going to be the only ones with multi-championed OML.

The whole thing isn't good for the game.
  • IFORANI
    Thanks for the responses everyone!

I kinda figured what was the cause and what was happening. Just wondering if it's just mine (casual) alliance or everyone's had seen a hit.

Thanks again.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also worth considering is that people possibly got "play" money for holiday gifts and were spending it in this game. That would naturally dry up.
  • fmftint wrote:
    IFORANI wrote:

Largely it changed with hero points losing most of their buying power. The average player doesn't need hp like they used to, and when they do, it's easy enough to find a buyer club
    Not only has HP lost it's buying power, but the value of CP has skyrocketed, and the ability to get 20x the CP whenever you make a purchase is too good to pass up.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    It means that the only people earning CP belong to Buy Club. It means that members of Buy Club are the only ones getting CP, which means they are the only ones able to buy the classic LT packs in bulk. Which means that they are going to be the only ones with multi-championed OML.

The sad thing is it took the players about 4.5 seconds to figure out this strategy. How in (presumably) months of planning did not one member of Demiurge say "hey, maybe this won't work."
  • IFORANI
    Buret0 wrote:

The sad thing is it took the players about 4.5 seconds to figure out this strategy. How in (presumably) months of planning did not one member of Demiurge say "hey, maybe this won't work."

These things tend to be happening alot everywhere in today's capitalism. Not one person in the bunch raised their hand.

Common sense isn't Common!
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    What is a "buy club"? Sounds like whale city....
  • IFORANI

I would like to suggest that we refer to these as "PODS" if all possible. Lol
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591

First rule of Buy Club is that you don't talk about Buy Club.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    The well ran dry for my alliance way before the changes to what HP could buy. We went from spending a few hundred a week to nothing after the way that the exploit was swept under the rug and cheaters were handled. We all lost interest in supporting the game after that. I've seen only one Stark dropped by a member since then.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another item to consider is there is a lot of HP to be earned in championing characters especially 2*. I have been able to shield hop more often and still come away HP positive for the week by doing PVP, PVE, and having a lot of characters championed. If someone has 5-6 championed 2* they will earn a good amount of HP until their 2* are at champion max and that can really help 2-3* players with roster slots.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    just remember, the 2* rewards will be drying up before too long. my top 2* is at 136 already and only has 100 hp left in her. others have farther to go, but the 2* surges will be finishing up in the next couple of weeks. then all the 2*s will be 144 and we'll be back to selling covers, which isn't horrible - just staying the hp from those characters won't be trickling in forever.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Also worth considering is that people possibly got "play" money for holiday gifts and were spending it in this game. That would naturally dry up.

Not just holiday gifts, but also year end bonuses from employment. So there's been some splurging here and there in my alliance this month. Also, with a new character release right now, I figured the whales are gonna blow a bit of hp on heals and boosts to try for top 10.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    TxMoose wrote:
    just remember, the 2* rewards will be drying up before too long. my top 2* is at 136 already and only has 100 hp left in her. others have farther to go, but the 2* surges will be finishing up in the next couple of weeks. then all the 2*s will be 144 and we'll be back to selling covers, which isn't horrible - just staying the hp from those characters won't be trickling in forever.

I already have like 8 max champed 2*s, and started selling extra covers. I could certainly use the iso, and thus I don't mind one bit. icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    if they put out everyone gets vaults im pretty sure you would see the flow pick up big time.

vaults give out more then they would normally cost i think

think you get 4 4 stars 10,000
    22 3 stars 28,000?
    and rest 2 stars for little under 20,000