Option to choose between the two types of LT please[Merged]

Feedthebeast
Feedthebeast Posts: 19
Im pretty close to where SS is usuable but it kinda sucks that every LT i've earned can only get me spudey, oml, and JG. Only way i can get SS is through CP. Having that option to choose between the new LT or old LT would be nice. Is it really that hard to give that option or am i just being difficult? I just hope im not the only one that has SS to being usuable.

Mod Edit: Merged multiple threads on same topic

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have three SS covers.. just need his black so that he can start being a threat. Sad that I only get once chance every 2 weeks to try to win it! CP are so hard to get! I don't have the patience to grind most nodes down to 1 point!
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Currently the game awards players with the Latest Legends LT (Legendary Token) as the default prize for PvP, PvE and the like. This makes finding a specific 5* cover in the Classic Legends a complete RNG nightmare.

20 CP will take a hardcore MPQ player around 7 days to obtain (2 per pve sub grind, 1 per pvp, bonus ones from championing, daily, season rewards and the like). Given this pretty generous assumption that means players who are looking for 5*'s in the Classic Legends pack will have a measly 52 pulls a YEAR to find what they want. That's an average of five 5* tokens.

When OML goes to classic packs and you have say 5 covers remaining...it could take YEARS of playing to finish him. Five 5* LT's a year is nothing. Especially when you need very specific colours for characters. It's an RNG nightmare. The solution of 720 cp to buy specific covers is there but that's still about 3/4ths of a YEAR worth of saving cp. Even for a system that's intended to be a super long term treadmill for hardcore vets that's asking too much in my opinion.

Please implement a system where LT's are universal tokens that can be used on your choice of Latest Legends pack, Classic Legends pack or any other future Legendary pack types you intend to release.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    They should do this:
    Pve progress reward - 25cp instead LT
    PVP - 1150 - 5CP 1300 - 20cp
    DDQ 4* give only latest LT
    Problem solved.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    When OML goes to classic packs and you have say 5 covers remaining...it could take YEARS of playing to finish him. [/b]

Well it could take YEARS, but it won't. The game evolves too quickly for that. I would expect by the time they get to 8 5 stars that they will have a new 5 star acquisition system in place.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I have three SS covers.. just need his black so that he can start being a threat. Sad that I only get once chance every 2 weeks to try to win it! CP are so hard to get! I don't have the patience to grind most nodes down to 1 point!
    My situation is the opposite - I have 4 black covers, but none of the others colors. I don't really mind missing out on the chance of more blacks...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    Please implement a system where LT's are universal tokens that can be used on your choice of Latest Legends pack, Classic Legends pack or any other future Legendary pack types you intend to release.

Awarding 25 cp instead of a specific LT seems like the simplest way for them to fix things.

As far as future legendary pack types, it would be good if they introduced a 4* only token with a cheaper cost to reflect the absence of the 5* chance.