Champion/Standard Recruit Tokens

Since the champion stuff went into effect it seems like the draw rate for one stars on standard tokens has drastically increased when compared to that of two stars. I didn't see anything about it changing but it sure seems like it has. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Absolutely noticed, yes. I hear hoofbeats, and the low murmurs of confirmation bias. White knights incoming.
  • Fantastic. I don't think the old draw rate was unfair. I mean, who really uses one stars outside of Deadpool Daily anyway?
  • thisone
    I've pulled 1 3* and 6 2* all week. From around 70 standards.

I'd imagine I'm not the only one keeping track. And expect to see more people posting their findings. I suggest you keep track as well.

I will say I'm also on a dry streak for event tokens too, so it could be just luck.. icon_e_wink.gif
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Definitely noticed, I have only pulled (two) 3* from all the standard, heroic, and event token combined since the update (total close to 100 tokens) - I have yet to pull any 4*

Before the update I always get at least (one) 3* every 8-9 tokens, and (one) 4* every 15-20 tokens

Could be luck, could be revised odds, I don't know, there is no concrete proof icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thisone
    1 4* every 15-20 tokens? Jesus I really am at the bottom of the curve. I'd murder my puppy for that pull rate.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    djvkool wrote:
    Definitely noticed, I have only pulled (two) 3* from all the standard, heroic, and event token combined since the update (total close to 100 tokens) - I have yet to pull any 4*

Before the update I always get at least (one) 3* every 8-9 tokens, and (one) 4* every 15-20 tokens

Could be luck, could be revised odds, I don't know, there is no concrete proof icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I think you mean recruite tokens not standard tokens. If you are getting 4* every 20 standard tokens you pull you might be getting sandboxed soon
  • I wonder if the fact that I held onto A LOT of taco's and opened them all at once had an affect on this. I did open them all right after the champion stuff started.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to hold onto dozens of standards and open a ton when I needed an essential 2*. They've always yielded mostly 1*s, a few 2*s and hardly any 3* and 4* covers. Going on a streak of 10-20 1*s in a row is not at all an indicator that the odds have changed.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I was wondering about this also....now that I finally need 2*s again all of a sudden I'm not getting them lol. I kinda figured I'd be way farther along in the champ process by now just based on past pulls....but nope. I don't have the patience to keep track, but I figure it's about 50% less than before. Be interesting to see the actual % when you guys post the results of your tracking. Thank you for bringing this up, thought i might be imagining it lol

Ummm 1 4* in 20???? I think I'm more like 1 4* in 2,000 lol. I'd wear a Clippers t-shirt for a day for 1/20, my skin might burn off but it would be worth it for that pull rate icon_lol.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ummm 1 4* in 20???? I think I'm more like 1 4* in 2,000 lol. I'd wear a Clippers t-shirt for a day for 1/20, my skin might burn off but it would be worth it for that pull rate icon_lol.gif
    People are pretty bad at estimating.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    It has felt a little low, so I just checked my numbers. Since the 13th (that's the day champions went live, right?), I've gotten 173 standards, yielding 20 2* & 3 3*. That is a little below my normal rates (about 1/6th and about 2.2%, respectively), but not as much as it has felt like.

I hadn't felt anything different with other tokens, but let me take a look. Have gotten 102, for 21 3* & 6 4* (and it includes my season ten-pack which, for the second time in the five seasons I've gotten one, was all-2*). That's a couple percent below normal for 3*s, but blowing the doors off my usual 4* pull rate, so no complaints. And 1-1/2 dupes out of those six (one was a legendary pulled out of a vault, that yielded a duplicate), which is outstanding given my coverage.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reason it feels lower, is because now we all want them and have a use for them.. the % seems about the same according to my tracking sheet, but it sure feels less.. because there is now a touch of anticipation on plain ole silver tokens now.
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    Malcrof wrote:
    The reason it feels lower, is because now we all want them and have a use for them.. the % seems about the same according to my tracking sheet, but it sure feels less.. because there is now a touch of anticipation on plain ole silver tokens now.

So the "we don't comprehend what true randomness is that's why". Just asking for clarification that's all.

Or were hoping for the two stars?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IFORANI wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

So the "we don't comprehend what true randomness is that's why". Just asking for clarification that's all.

Or were hoping for the two stars?

Me personally? I am hoping for 2*s for champions.. sad when they don't come.. even though the 100 iso is well needed.
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    Thanks Malcrof for clarification on that. Appreciate it.