How High to take 5*? Better to max out more 4* first?

Options
jobob
jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So I am struggling with how high to take my 5*s, and whether the ISO is better spent taking them higher, or trying to get more 4* to maximum.

Scaling isn’t too terrible right now, but I am worried that if I keep going with OML, it is going to get rough, especially if it’s a node that he’s locked out of. And while I do have 5 Phoenix covers… I don’t want to push her too high if it isn’t worth it. And I don’t know if there’s a point in taking SS or BiB Spidey up with the covers I have. Will taking OML up farther make much difference in how often I get attacked (and lose) in PVP?

Here’s a link to my roster (only 4 & 5*s in it, haven’t put the others): http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/jobob/

But to sum it up, 5 4* champs, another at 215 and a couple at 190… the rest, while almost all fully covered, are around 150 – 170… a loooooong way from max level in terms of ISO. Before championing, I would’ve spent some ISO getting Rulk, Venom, and GR up around 180… but now I kinda want to get Cyke to 270 instead.

LVL
345 – OML 1/3/4 (Max 375)
290 – Phoenix 2/1/2 (Max 330)
284 – GT
282 – XFW
277 – IMHB
275 – JG
274 – Iceman
270 – Silver Surfer 1/0/3 (Max 315)
255 – Spidey BiB 2/0/0 (Max 285)
215 – Cyclops
190 – Flaptain, Carnage
170 – XFDP, Devil Dino, Kingpin, Fury, X23, MrF*
160 – AntMan, PX, Rulk
155 – Thing
150 – Elektra, StarLord
130 – GR
120 – TAH*, IW
115 – Venom
70 – Spidey MM*

*-Characters that aren’t fully covered

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks…

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    observations from behind (not ahead, game-wise):

depends on if you're satisfied with your pvp performance. leveling oml is usually has a singular purpose - pvp performance. if you're satisfied with where you are, I'd absolutely concentrate on filling out a few key 4*s. I've heard that xp is very effective when taking on 5*s since you can get his black to trigger all the time. and you have 3 yellow on oml, so you can be a bit of a punching bag and heal up without too much trouble and deal some free damage from xp in the process. cyke and rulk are obviously great choices too. those are my next 3 to work on after I finish leveling iceman to join my jeanbuster. after those 3 i'll probably start looking at my ss (1/4/3) or my oml if I ever get the yellow (2/-/2).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I maxed out my OML as soon as he hit 1/1/1, and use him all over the place. As I get more covers, I'll prioritize taking him higher as soon as possible. I have no experience with Phoenix, so I can't comment on her viability at 2/1/2.

As for your 4*s, it sounds like Cyclops is the bees knees, so he'd be a good dude to max out next. He's got multiple viable builds, so the ability to respec at will seems pretty valuable for him. My best covered 4* is Red Hulk, and he's super fast. I'd bring him up next. He has almost no respec value, though, so I wouldn't be in a rush to max him. After that, XFDP and Kingpin seem cool. Moose noted that DP plays well with OML, and he also combos up with XFW nicely.