4* who to level next?

Options
Zidius
Zidius Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I currently have a maxed Jean / hulk buster ,focus on PvP
Which one should I get to 270 next?
4/4/5 Rhulk ( need to champion and respec him to 3/5/5 to make him viable)
5/3/5 *4cyc ( I actually have 3x xtra cover in my bank!)
Or
1/1/3 OML
What shoul I do,!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4Clops, 100%, especially if you have champ covers available. His damage and Utility + Ap generation is amazing.

Rulk is also good, but, i am leaving mine at 250 for now, those last 20 levels are costly and give him nothing.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Rulk is also good, but, i am leaving mine at 250 for now, those last 20 levels are costly and give him nothing.
    Says the guy putting ISO into IM40 to champion.........

I agree with 4cyc (especially if you can do it before those extra covers expire), then Rulk so you can respec.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

I agree with 4cyc (especially if you can do it before those extra covers expire), then Rulk so you can respec.

Need to champ him, want more covers for my lvl 282 IMHB!!!
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Need to champ him, want more covers for my lvl 282 IMHB!!!
    Meh. I suppose I might one day get to that point myself. Right now though I'd rather be able to use more covers for my 272 Rulk. icon_e_wink.gif
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't sleep on a 1/1/3 OML... he can save a TON of health packs during the climb or PVEs.

But if the question is about the 4*, put me in the Cyclops camp as well. I don't think Rulk gains you all that much over Jean. You have to collect both purple and green for both to max them, but Jean kills those special tiles and puts some of her own out. Sure, Rulk drains the enemies' green, but Jean's passive blue is just as good on defense (scarier, IMO, actually). Running them both doesn't make a ton of sense to me, since you are taking away Jean's purple to accelerate green... no big gain there, and Rulk's passive isn't that great anyway.

Cyclops, on the other hand, while sharing colors with your IMHB, offers some different choices. First off, his red is a total nuke, dealing nearly triple the Dmg/AP as IMHB red when you have the team-up AP. Second, his blue is an awesome AP battery AND board shake. His red, to a lesser extent can shake the board, allowing you to make an extra crit or match 4 when used at the right time. And his yellow is deceptively good... unlike, for example, Black Panther's yellow which gets stronger with TU AP, you aren't "Wasting" a move when you make a TU match. Plus, it's super cheap, so if you're pairing him with OML, KK. PX, they will fire more often.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Rulks utility would drastically increase if there were more strong green characters in use at top tier PvP play. Best counter to Rulk? Rulk.
  • jobob
    Options
    Rulks utility would drastically increase if there were more strong green characters in use at top tier PvP play. Best counter to Rulk? Rulk.
    He makes for a pretty effective counter to JG... you don't really have to "deny" purple- and I put it in quotation marks because you are likely focusing on it anyway. Then when you cast, you kill her green... so you are neutralizing her two AOE nukes just by playing to Rulk's strong suit.
  • Zidius
    Options
    Seems like Cyc might be better choice!
    Which of these duo you guys think is the best esp for PvP (regardless of the 3rd buff pvp Char)?

Jean+buster
    Buster+Rhulk
    jean+cyc
    Cyc+buster
    Fist+buster
    lvl330 OML+jean
  • jobob
    Options
    I am a big fan of Fistbuster because it's so fast... Purple into black into strike tiles and red... Plus the IF attack tile is really making the most out of those strike tiles.

I also love Old Iron Fist or Iron Man Logan or Old Man Fist Iron Logan... Or whatever the Hell it would be called... 5 purple and you fire the IF black AND OML red. And because OML does like 220 match damage on black, and the strike tiles are added first, you may do 10k damage just from the black matches/cascades. You've also got nasty strike tiles buffing the IF attack tiles, and, of course he's feeding black to OML as well.
  • Zidius
    Options
    I was gonna run Rhulk+buster+ feature
    But
    You guys convinced me that cyc might be better to max

Is cyc+jean + feature better for pvp than Rhulk+buster or jean buster combo?
  • jobob
    Options
    Zidius wrote:
    I was gonna run Rhulk+buster+ feature
    But
    You guys convinced me that cyc might be better to max

Is cyc+jean + feature better for pvp than Rhulk+buster or jean buster combo?
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of those teams... My Rulk is only around 160, so I don't play with him as much so it's tough for me to really offer an opinion.

I will give you a few of my thoughts on it, though:
    -I REALLY like the IMHB black power, because the strike tiles make everything go quicker (and a reason I would take Jean over Rhulk is she puts out attack tiles that take extra advantage of those strike tiles)
    -It's also worth noting that since you are pairing him with an AOE damage dealer, the strike tiles are essentially worth 3x as much on those moves
    -While IMHB has higher health, the self-damage on black negates that
    -The choice of Featured character can **** Cyclops' yellow power... for example a feature KK means you stockpile a lot of yellow, so it's only use is casting it to get the auto-heal. Daken's strongest is black, if he's featured you just stockpile a lot of black AP you can't use. So there will be situations where Cyke is essentially a 2-power (though 2 great powers) player
    -In general, I like cascades & board shake powers over straight damage... Cyke has some good ones, with both Red & Blue being targeted. This can help a lot if there's a specific CD/Invisibility/Strike/etc tile you just HAVE to move (he can't target those directly, but a lot of times removing 2 specific tiles can open up a match)

Again... I think all are good. In the end, I might still go with Jeanbuster if I had to pick just one, though.