About RHulk ability animations

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
I just saw this in the list of Nova bugs:

• The player will see the enemy Nova's Rocket Man power go off when the enemy Nova's power Taking Off changes to Rocket Man. This will be addressed in R94.

As long as you're fixing this, can you also fix RHulk's animations? Come on, you KNOW they're backwards.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I just saw this in the list of Nova bugs:

• The player will see the enemy Nova's Rocket Man power go off when the enemy Nova's power Taking Off changes to Rocket Man. This will be addressed in R94.

As long as you're fixing this, can you also fix RHulk's animations? Come on, you KNOW they're backwards.

Never realized this.. the one that shows him crushing green should be the one where he destroys the enemies green AP....
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Heh. Deadpool slashes your health bar. RHulk crushes your AP bar. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Couldn't agree more!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34217
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Amen to that! I know it is not a big deal per se, but these little details add a ton of polish to the game.

If D3 is reading this, I would recommend:

1) Swap the animations, they are backwards to the point of stupidity. Also, depending on whether green is less or more than 18AP - make a subtle change. If it is under, should be a bit more muted - if it is over lets see the whole jump+scream+whatever.

2) Please give him a new sound effect. Why should all the hulks sound the same? THey are different people and should have a different sound/feel to them. Please , please, please stop recycling the same sound effects. (Same goes for all the venoms+symbiote goons)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be more confused if the animation for crushing people was just RHulk powering up and the animation for powering up was him crushing something.

(The animation for his green is bad, but the solution is a new animation, not to switch in a pre-existing one that makes even less sense for the move)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that the hands animation works for green AP destruction/gain, but the strenuous poop animation doesn't really say massive team damage to me. Maybe they should give it more sparkles.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback.

I agree, they're totally backwards.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    After discussion, with the OP, moving this to Bugs and Technical Issues.