4* Sell Off - thoughts?!?!

PeeOne
PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Am I focussed on champions too much?!?!

So I have IM40 fully covered at level 134... With 3 covers sitting in wait and 11 days to level him... (78000 ISO)

I have a number of 4*s rotting at the bottom of the pit with 1 or 2 covers at level 74

If I sold these bottom feeders then I would rake in 41,000 ISO

What to do??

In saying this I don't really wanna get rid of antman 3/2/2 level 131 - which is 15,000 to sell

That's still 26,000 ISO - and I don't wanna grind for 11 days!!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd hang on to those 4*. Being able to play PvE essential missions for Command Points is a lot more valuable than having a champion IM40.
    Don't get too hung up about expiring covers, 3* covers are in good supply. If you don't have the ISO and the motivation to level Iron Man, just sell the covers and wait for them to come around again.
  • aergia
    aergia Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'd hang on to those 4*. Being able to play PvE essential missions for Command Points is a lot more valuable than having a champion IM40.
    Don't get too hung up about expiring covers, 3* covers are in good supply. If you don't have the ISO and the motivation to level Iron Man, just sell the covers and wait for them to come around again.

Totally agree. 4* covers are in much shorter supply and it would be more work than its worth to regain those covers you sold.

Plus, 3 champion rewards will only get you ISO and 1 LT, so def not worth it.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have all the 3*s? Ddq should net you in the region of 50k iso, plus iso from the covers won, then one pass a day at pve nodes, pvp as normal, you should be able to reach that without any major grind.
    A week ago I needed 75k ish to level and champion Punisher and Mystique - with the above approach (and not playing Prodigal Sun until last night) Punisher is done and Mystique will be done after DDQ today, with 4 days to spare before any of the covers would have expired.
  • There are some 4* characters that could be argued as not worth adding, if roster spots are in short supply - Elektra, Baglady, TA Hulk, Reed Richards...just to name a couple.

However, if you already have them rostered, there are the following things to keep in mind -

1. The net ISO for selling a 4* character, in particular one that you have multiple covers for and have already spent ISO in leveling is horrendous. It is really a huge loss. Just don't do it.

2. 4* characters are always essentials in PVE. Their essential node in every single event always CP. That is a LOT of CP to be giving up if you choose not to roster that character. That does not include the other benefits that come with completing those nodes - just think of all the crit boosts out there! icon_lol.gif

3. 4* characters are access to the Clash of Titans in DDQ. This is a potential legendary token every five days. Granted, a one cover 4* is extremely unlikely to net you that legendary, but it all adds up eventually.

4. 4* covers are still VERY challenging to acquire. While there are many more means of getting them then there were in the past, it still takes an enormous amount of time and commitment to max cover one. Especially as you can no longer use HP to do so. I have every 4* character in the game thus far on my roster...I have only two that are max covered, one of which I whaled up with cash. That's after 320+ days. And I play A LOT, not as much as the top time investors around, but I'm in every event, every day.

Add all that up every 4* that someone can roster has the potential to be substantially beneficial to them, whether the character is ultimately top tier useable or not. If it is affordable to do so, rostering all the 4*'s should be a no-brainer.

TL;DR - Always choose to roster the 4* character at every opportunity.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Early this week, I took Psylocke from 153 to 166 and championed her for the legendary token. I think I had 4k-5k iso left afterward. With regular play and hitting 5 or 6 lightning rounds a day, I'm back up to 43k and have 23 2* or 3* covers waiting to be champed or sold. (I'm holding onto 2*s until I know what will be essential in the Galactus event next week.) My IM40 needs 69k to max out and champion. With 11 days left on his queued covers, I should have no problems bringing him up and using the covers.

It doesn't pay to sell off long term assets (rostered 4* covers) for short term gains (iso). The iso will come eventually, and quicker than you expect if you play consistently. To put it another way, you're considering selling off 4*s to max out a character that's a contender for worst 3* overall, and the biggest benefit will be a legendary token that will likely yield a single 4* cover.

Keep your 4*s, use them to grab command points from every PVE event, and let your roster develop over time.
  • PeeOne
    Hi Everyone... Thanks for your input... I have done the grind a couple of times for champions already.... I got Lcap up from 120 when I had 6 covers waiting... and then did an Ares and Hawkeye straight after....

All input has been greatly appreciated.... The kids are back at school after holidays so finding the time is harder...

Thanks Muchly!!
  • PeeOne
    5.5 days to go and levelled him... Just gotta get the 7500 to champion

No sell off!!

Bonus is just behind him I have a BP cover and I've had him fully levelled for a while... Another 7500 needed