relatively new player feedback

dyjost
dyjost Posts: 11
understand i am not an excessively active gemcrash game player, i play this game because i love the setting and wanted to try it out. i've played for a few weeks now and heres my thoughts.

honestly, the character limiting system is too punishing. i need so many heroes just to do the new stories and challenges that are either unavailable from what i can tell, or would be a set back to drop my current roster just to gain them.

i have a roster of 10/10 now, and i cant really control what i get dropped, i'd like to get the now 20 backlogged comics i have but it takes absolutely too long to find anywhere to get gold drops from, and the daily log in seems like it'll take forever to get to where i need next. in my opinion, part of the problem i'm seeing is instead of just 100/slot, now i'm having to rack up x00/x slots so instead of just using my 200 to get one slot at a time, i'm having to wait until i hit 300 so i can get three, i really hope it doesnt continue this trend cause it'll be a big turn down factor for me. second. the accrued damage is abysmal. must i wait excessively for a hero to res and heal up just because the enemy got an unfair cascade turn loop and wreck my team. today's occurence was the daily with hawkeye and daken where i had to watch my matches, try to accumalate blue to try and stun, and 3 seperate times they cascaded into 3-4 crits landing hawkeye with tiles everywhere.

and lastly, theres a bit of an issue i'm finding where short timer tiles that do high damage are being placed in out right unreachable locations. this is horribly active in fights where the enemy is only generics so they're just fed enough energy to do wrecking level abilities every round. these are fights listed as easy where my team cant even get energy for one attack and they're getting leveled by 5 silent strikes, flamethrowers, or rockets being placed away from any tiles at all i could use to destroy them.

and another thing. moonstone and she-hulks steal an "attack tile" ability is either poorly worded or annoyingly difficult to perform because there hasnt been a tile yet i could make use of.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Hey, welcome to the game!

You are right that needing lots of heroes is fairly important. My suggestion is to focus right now on 2* heroes and slowly work your way up to 3*'s. You may have to sell some covers right now. Don't worry, they will come back again.

If you're worried about HP, its ok to buy some. If you like the game, sink five dollars into it for those slots. If you can't sink 5$ (I don't know your age), try focussing in getting a good score in PvE or PvP. With an early roster its pretty easy to get high enough to get 100hp, and if you do a few in the week, you should get enough to get those roster slots. I don't think the devs plan to change this.

As for cascades and tiles, they get easier to deal with as you get more characters. There's not a lot to deal with in 2* land except original black widow. Max her blue asap, and if you rush blue early on, you can really control those countdown tiles. Cascades are also beneficial to you as well. 1* juggarnaut's green is a great cascade generator, 2* magneto is great and 2* Thor as well. Feel free to google the tier list of characters. Have fun and good luck!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good news: you will quickly reach the point where roster slots are sold individually, so you can just buy one as you need it.

Bad news: they continue to increase in price. The maximum price is 1000HP per slot, although that's quite some distance from where you are now.

Advice: at this point in the game, you shouldn't spend HP on anything but roster slots.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also suggest familiarizing yourself with this : http://mpq.gamependium.com/

It has loads of useful info, and you can even track your roster .It includes all characters, their best builds, links to their wiki page w/ powers etc..

Also, as soon as you can , start working on the 2* nodes in Deadpool's Daily Quest, you get a taco token for winning , 1* node gives ISO, those taco's can net 250hero points, and on rare occasions, 1k hero points. Lots of other useful things in there as well.