LR point progression

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Okay, so I joined the latest Lightning Round at 801pm (PST), by 808pm I had finished the 3rd round w/ my Gamora/Steve R/IM40 and got 100pts.

At the same time someone else had gotten 564pts and shielded. In __8__ minutes.

Yes he/she has a lvl 330ish OML so would murder the seed groups. But 8 minutes he got 5 times as many points as me?

At 5* lvls, do you just get more points against the seed groups?

EDIT: The one thing I can think of is that some big groups w/ lots of players purposefully loose to him/her once they start with weak teams to pump them up to #1 and then chase him/her.

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    fnedude wrote:
    Okay, so I joined the latest Lightning Round at 801pm (PST), by 808pm I had finished the 3rd round w/ my Gamora/Steve R/IM40 and got 100pts.

Yes he/she has a lvl 330ish OML so would murder the seed groups. But 8 minutes he got 5 times as many points as me?

EDIT: The one thing I can think of is that some big groups w/ lots of players purposefully loose to him/her once they start with weak teams to pump them up to #1 and then chase him/her.

Did the Lightning Round start at 7:00?
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Not saying anything but even me take more than 10 mins to get 500points... And my match3 is at 4.5k dmg ...
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Ok I just tested for you. Took 16 mins from 0-523points. Well I don't know lol I think I was fast
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

8am PST would have been the 5am EST one. the one before the 7EST one.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

Two things:

He said 8pm, not 8am.
    8am or 8pm PST would be 11am/pm EST.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

Two things:

He said 8pm, not 8am.
    8am or 8pm PST would be 11am/pm EST.

Lol, yah, no math before 2nd cup of coffee... thanks for correcting this.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok I just tested for you. Took 16 mins from 0-523points. Well I don't know lol I think I was fast

How many points did you score per match? I find most matches are 40-30 points, getting less and less as I gain more points, so I have a hard time scoring more than 200 - 300 points in 10 minutes.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor

Was it lightning fast though?
  • mikeylu
    mikeylu Posts: 15
    to the op:

KDN is an anomaly, a great guy, but an anomaly in the mpq world, he is in a league of his own.

he has near fully champed 5 stars.. last i checked his SS does near 1K damage per blue tile matched. with over 70K hp

for us mortals, any 5 star significantly boosts your speed because their match damage is significantly higher, if you get lucky to start off with a match5, those crit tiles can hit for 3-4k damage and thats with my measly lvl 360 oml.