Progression advice. 2* or 4*?

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have five 3*s left to champion now, so at that point I'll start building up ISO. I have eight 2*s championed because I never bothered levelling Captain America, Daken, Human Torch, Ms Marvel, Bullseye or Bagman up.
Ms Marvel was frustrating for me because I like the character, but she showed up so far into my 3* transition as to be basically useless for me.

So I'm leaning more towards levelling my 2*s up so I can champion them all and gain their rewards. Free 3* covers and all that. Though perhaps a more sensible idea is to level up some 4*s? I'm not sure, I'm leaning more towards the 2*s, maybe levelling up one a week when they're boosted and doing 4*s when the boosted 2* is already maxed.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    My advice would be to see how much iso you can earn from championing the two's versus the iso you need to invest. Then think that you won't get that return for several months. Then, think about the benefits you get for investing that same iso into your 4*'s. At that point, its up to you.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on where your roster is, I'd probably put some ISO into XFDP and XFW for their synergy and usefulness in PVP and PVE. None of your other 4* have enough covers for them to be useful at higher levels yet. Your closest is your 4/3/2 Rhulk, but that's not a great build to be useful.

So your options:
    A) Hoard ISO, when 4* covers come in, have the ISO there to make them useful.
    B) Champion 2*, see immediate benefits, the HP/CP/3* covers, but risk being ISO starved if the 4* covers come in.
    C) Level your 4*, even though they're not usable right now, so when the covers come in, they benefit immediately from their level.

I'd probably go with A) since it would still allow you to do B) if a lot of time passed and you weren't seeing some 4*s coming in.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Based on where your roster is, I'd probably put some ISO into XFDP and XFW for their synergy and usefulness in PVP and PVE. None of your other 4* have enough covers for them to be useful at higher levels yet. Your closest is your 4/3/2 Rhulk, but that's not a great build to be useful.

So your options:
    A) Hoard ISO, when 4* covers come in, have the ISO there to make them useful.
    B) Champion 2*, see immediate benefits, the HP/CP/3* covers, but risk being ISO starved if the 4* covers come in.
    C) Level your 4*, even though they're not usable right now, so when the covers come in, they benefit immediately from their level.

I'd probably go with A) since it would still allow you to do B) if a lot of time passed and you weren't seeing some 4*s coming in.

Hmm...thanks for the advice.
    I'd like to think it'll be easy to get the 2*s levelled up, but...Bagman's gonna run me just under 70k...so by himself it's going to take ten days of DDQ to max him out.

I was happy I lucked into a perfectly covered XFDP recently with a combination of 3* champion legendaries and DDQ vault luck. He was really nice when boosted to 213, but I fear for scaling still. I've been waiting to see what's announced for the next update since they said they were working on !Quality of life" things they were going to reveal in the next vid. I do very much look forward to using XFDP though. He needs just under 85K...and feels like a better investment generally...

The stumbling block is having to level my remaining 2*s up to max for literally the champion benefits only. All of the really good 2*s are already championed.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm...thanks for the advice.
    I'd like to think it'll be easy to get the 2*s levelled up, but...Bagman's gonna run me just under 70k...so by himself it's going to take ten days of DDQ to max him out.

I was happy I lucked into a perfectly covered XFDP recently with a combination of 3* champion legendaries and DDQ vault luck. He was really nice when boosted to 213, but I fear for scaling still. I've been waiting to see what's announced for the next update since they said they were working on !Quality of life" things they were going to reveal in the next vid. I do very much look forward to using XFDP though. He needs just under 85K...and feels like a better investment generally...

The stumbling block is having to level my remaining 2*s up to max for literally the champion benefits only. All of the really good 2*s are already championed.

You're welcome. If you're talking about PVE scaling, it would only be a factor when they're boosted/essential. In the PVEs, look at your top row. That's likely what your scaling is based off. Since you've got a lot of Championed 3* and 2 5*, your leveled 4* probably won't make it into the top row too often, but you'll always have the benefit of them in PVP.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    You're welcome. If you're talking about PVE scaling, it would only be a factor when they're boosted/essential. In the PVEs, look at your top row. That's likely what your scaling is based off. Since you've got a lot of Championed 3* and 2 5*, your leveled 4* probably won't make it into the top row too often, but you'll always have the benefit of them in PVP.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.
    My 3*s are all max level, so every week they're at 240.
    Guess I've been soft capping for nothing...=P