Suggestion to curb HP loss due to crashes

Options
HxiiiK
HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
So I sent out a ticket quite a while ago (literally last year, end of December) due to experiencing some crashes near the end of a PvE round, completely forgotten about it and only recently got a reply

And this got me thinking, so they have an anti-cheat in place which is to automatically retreat the team and incur health loss if you force-close the game. Sure, I don't mind that they do; but this causes problems for GAME CRASHES as well.

A simple enough solution would be simply to either
- only incur said health loss if maybe, say, 5 seconds have elapsed in the battle, then the penalty kicks in, since crashes happen literally THE SECOND YOU START THE BATTLE
- only incur said health loss penalty if force-quitting AFTER MAKING THE FIRST MOVE

Either one of these could easily curb the health loss problem due to crashes, which I might add, is technically not the player's fault. I'm not sure how difficult any of these are to be coded, but personally I find almost no way to abuse this perk. Sure, the player could force quit immediately after getting a bad starting board, but I think this being in place would actually do more good than harm, seeing as I experienced crashes which caused me to drop a ranking tier, as i'm sure many have

Do chip in if you have any comments on the matter, else I implore the devs to please look into this, thank you!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've actually experienced crashes mid-battle, so the idea of delaying for a time or waiting until after the first move before penalizing wouldn't work.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've actually experienced crashes mid-battle, so the idea of delaying for a time or waiting until after the first move before penalizing wouldn't work.

I have to say I personally have never experienced a mid-battle crash, and am actually under the assumption most crashes occur instantly at the start of the battle (in my case, which is 100% of all crashes occur at the start, but I realize this is not exactly a good sample size)

Can I do a small case study as to how many occur crashes mostly at the start or mid battle? I'll try to start a poll to see anyway