New Latest and Classic LT's. Redo Plz

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm all for the new tier. However D3 needs to absolutely 100% change where LT's default to. When OML rotates out of latest or SS for that matter. I still need covers, and LT tokens are far easier to obtain than CP. so could D3 allow us to have LT's open either tier and not just latest. Obviously classic is not as valuable since its 5 less CP, so I don't see the problem in allowing me to choose with what tier I want my LT to open

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38596

This, we need to boost this alot, no LT's at all, 25 CP rewards instead.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they wanted to boost CP sales, they'd swap them. Classics are earned from rewards or bought for 20 CP, and new ones only purchasable for 25 CP.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will merge this into the existing thread in suggestions on 1/27, discuss here, or using the link above for now

Edit: After the merge tomorrow, i will make a poll using the suggestions and discussion points, and link all threads within it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38596

This is a terrible idea.

(DDQ4 should still be a legendary token, at minimum)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

This is a terrible idea.

Why the hell is replacing a set new legendary token with 25 CP that will get you either a new or an old legendary token a bad idea? Do you hate choice or something?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or they could just put everything in one token and make each 5* a 2.5% chance. Alter accordingly for any future 5* releases so that it remains at 10%

Are you crazy? The proper thing to do if we are going down a single token route is to keep all percentages at 5% per character. If this means that by the time there are 10 5* characters the total odds are 50% then so be it. Why make odds for a specific character so small it is almost impossible to draw it?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Der_Lex wrote:

Why the hell is replacing a set new legendary token with 25 CP that will get you either a new or an old legendary token a bad idea? Do you hate choice or something?

Relax Hammer, It's a joke.

I posted yesterday about the idea (though am seeing that others had it before me as well, good on them)
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This is a terrible idea.

It also lets you save your CP for covers if that's your cup of tea too. There is no good reason NOT to implement this
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Or they could just put everything in one token and make each 5* a 2.5% chance. Alter accordingly for any future 5* releases so that it remains at 10%

Are you crazy? The proper thing to do if we are going down a single token route is to keep all percentages at 5% per character. If this means that by the time there are 10 5* characters the total odds are 50% then so be it. Why make odds for a specific character so small it is almost impossible to draw it?

I was about to expound on this, but i won't engage in conversation with someone who has no etiquette.

That's okay, being told I have no etiquette is way down on the list of insults that have been thrown at me in my life.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:

Relax Hammer, It's a joke.

I posted yesterday about the idea (though am seeing that others had it before me as well, good on them)

You of all people should know that humor has no place on the MPQ forums, good sir. icon_e_wink.gif
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    After seeing my personal success rate for 5* drop below 3% I still think the LT system needs a major overhaul. The overall rate may be 10% but that means there are people well above 10% and people well below 10%. Why the inequity?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I think one solution for the 2 token idea would be to have only the latest 5* fixed, then rotate the other 2 available 5*s on a weekly basis.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Malcrof wrote:

I love this idea. I'm glad it got mentioned in General chat, otherwise I'd never have seen it.
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    This is a terrible idea.

It's not about the LT's. If you could get that many CP's from everywhere, someone would use them to boost their
    4* or God forbid a 5* power.

We cant ever have that happen.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Dudemon wrote:
    This is a terrible idea.

It's not about the LT's. If you could get that many CP's from everywhere, someone would use them to boost their
    4* or God forbid a 5* power.

We cant ever have that happen.

Couple things:

You're nuts if you don't think there will still be maxed Nova's running around quickly, potentially even before the Hunt ends. Boosting characters is a thing that happens now and we'll continue to happen. So that ship has sailed.

25 CP per PvP (for 1300) and 25 per PvE (one or twice a week) is 450-500 CP per 4 week 'season' (10 season events, 2 offseason). 500 CP isn't even one 5* power. Yes there are other sources for CP, but you'd still be looking at ~1 year to finish a 5* character this way, and in that time there'd be a number of additional ones out there.

Reality is those 500CP for most people would be put towards tokens anyway, so whether you earn the tokens or get the CP to buy them, the game play doesn't change. But at least those that aren't getting value out of legendary tokens now have more options.

You still offer Legendary tokens for everything else you currently offer them for (incl. Season progression), but event progression rewards for PvE/PvP should be replaced by CP.
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    This is a FTP game.

Thus, each power on the 5* should only be available by spending real money.

Powers should never cost less than $10,000.

Right?
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Ok, I have an issue/concern about the split tokens. The way things are now, it is just a choice between SS and Cool Spidey, there is no other difference. But what happens when OML goes classic? He seems to be the epic pull from 5* land (yellow ftw!) and I would actually be bummed to get a "latest" LT if i could not get OML. I realize the 5 CP less feature is AWESOME, but because one 5* is the elite pull, it's like getting a broken LT if he is not in there. I would much rather you adjust the 4* pulls for the classic vs. latest covers. Classic will be the preferred if that's where you get OML, but I would pay the extra 5 CP for a latest if it meant I couldn't draw IW. Just a thought....thanks icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 things to look at here. Number one by giving out CP instead of LT players have more flexibility in what they do. In a season they can get 500 CP for either 25 classic or 20 new LT or can direct purchase a couple of 4* covers. This is a major win for players who need that last 4* cover or who want to bring up the newest 3* right away.
    The issue is the devs don't want players to whale new characters. If you could earn 500 cp per season then you could buy four 4* covers each season. With PVP and PVP that would be a potential 10 cover new character at the end of the season and they don't want players doing that.
    They should make each LT able to be opened in either pack and both should cost the same CP. the only other thing I can think of is if the classic got all the LT and had a 10% chance of all 5* and 20 CP for a purchase and the latest had a 20-30%+ chance of a 5* but could only be purchased with CP. this might me 100+ but with a great chance at a 5*. I don't know if it would work but would be interesting