MPQ At Marvel.com: Nova Blasting In!

2»

Comments

• Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Thanos wrote:
    Any idea when Nova's stats will be updated?

Probably next week since Cthulhu jumps on the forums once every couple of weeks.
  • shatland
    shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    anyone else think they hired a new artist? Nova looks more traditional comic style rather than they painterly style we've previously seen. personally, i like it!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder who'll mass buy 40 packs to whale him up.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder who will give me $10000 to burn on this game.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    shatland wrote:
    anyone else think they hired a new artist? Nova looks more traditional comic style rather than they painterly style we've previously seen. personally, i like it!

I was thinking the same thing. Especially on the reflective part of his costumes. If it's not a different artist, it's a different approach and one that I like a lot.

Unrelated, but you guys might want to update this screen shot:

56a7a36372086.jpg

Seeing as how you can't buy covers with HP anymore.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I found out about Nova from one of my alliance mates and I thought "Awesome!". That was before I read about it on the forums. Since I am a bit older than the rest of my alliance, I immediately thought of Richard Ryder then possibly Frankie Raye. But no. Kinda disappointed but will reserve final judgment until after the event.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    ok, 100% want! We just found the perfect partner for Carnage, OML, GR, Falcap, PX, etc..

Can you toss us a special 1 cover event like with some of the other releases?

Yes please!

If this happens, looking at Antman and Totally Rubbish Hulk, we got their first covers. So the cover for Nova would likely be Red, which i feel is his best skill due to both strike tile production and stunning

Please pretty please

All 4s should be released like that now that HP is not what it was...
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:

Please pretty please

All 4s should be released like that now that HP is not what it was...

This is from the interview: "Nova (Sam Alexander) will be first available to players on January 28 as part of The Hunt event."
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks cool... can hardly wait to use him in 6-8 months, now that we can't buy covers with HP.
  • Kevin61 wrote:
    Well, I found out about Nova from one of my alliance mates and I thought "Awesome!". That was before I read about it on the forums. Since I am a bit older than the rest of my alliance, I immediately thought of Richard Ryder then possibly Frankie Raye. But no. Kinda disappointed but will reserve final judgment until after the event.

Attention Richard Rider, it is critical that you pay attention at this time.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The artwork reminds me of Viewtiful Joe - neat!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Puce Moose wrote:
    The artwork reminds me of Viewtiful Joe - neat!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Any idea when Nova covers will be available as championing rewards and who will give them?
    It would be appreciated to know it in advance, so we can plan our championing...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to sending Galactus/Ultron/Silver Surfer Airborne... It's not a stun, so they should be affected. icon_lol.gif
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Nova? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, finally! Ive been wanting Rich on my team for... oh... it's Sam. Nevermind.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ryudoz wrote:
    Nova? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, finally! Ive been wanting Rich on my team for... oh... it's Sam. Nevermind.
    5* Nova Prime (Richard Rider) -- let's make this happen.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Looking forward to sending Galactus/Ultron/Silver Surfer Airborne... It's not a stun, so they should be affected. icon_lol.gif

I have a feeling, boss characters already developed immunity to being airborne....