Jean Grey board bait

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Observation: Seems like every time I fight Jean Grey, the board always starts with an obvious 5 match bait or two.

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use Silver Surfer. You'll end up making that match-5 and stick your tongue out to Jean Grey. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I've noticed this too, but I don't know if it's just standard mpq player paranoia. Kind of like "SWitch CD always spawns at the edge of the board".
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malenkov wrote:
    I've noticed this too, but I don't know if it's just standard mpq player paranoia. Kind of like "SWitch CD always spawns at the edge of the board".

Or playing against 2* Bullseye, 60% of the board is purple. At all times. Same against Blade and red. (However, if you are the player with Blade, only 8- tiles will be red, always, no matter how much you clear the board of other colours.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Or when you launch Blade's purple, or OMLs passive, it always puts the strike or attack tiles on tiles that are ready to be matched.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Confirmation bias. The struggle is real.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the confirmation bias!

In fact, I've modified my play style to take blue matches when I don't need to, just to reduce the odds of Switch's tile spawning and auto-matching.

With that strategy, the AI has started getting really good at being really lucky whenever that tile's timer gets down to 1 and then proceeds to cascade match it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Use Silver Surfer.
    Either that, or just let 'em eat cake...
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, if it's early in a match and a desirable color, I'll take it. Cause when Hulkbuster comes around she's gonna be pimp slapped. (Yes I know 5 black is not enough for overdrive, but you get the drift)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's a straight-line match-5 in a color I don't want, then I let the AI have it so my Jean will pimp-slap them.

Otherwise I'll check to make sure their Jean doesn't have 5 covers in blue (not many do) and I'll take it myself. It's not that big of a deal early on.