The sale of my 1 star characters begins

Options
Dninot
Dninot Posts: 214
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So recently I picked up my first Patch and Psylocke. I don't have enough HP and I didn't think I'd have enough time to earn it. Having already plunked money into this game, I wasn't ready to do it again so soon.

So...goodbye Venom and M. Storm icon_e_sad.gif

Probably not the weakest 1 stars to sell, but my two least leveled up one stars, and two very easy to rebuild based on standard covers.

What have you guys done in similar circumstance?

edit: Sorry I wasnt clear, i'm out of cover slots, thus the need to sell.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I ditched my Yelena and Bagman. I've got a Grey Suit sitting in my roster and if I don't manage to pull enough for another roster I'll probably dump one of Venom/Hawkeye/Juggernaut.
  • Ditched bagman 1st and foremost. Never ever levelled a 1* cover all the way up. Skipped that phase. Have just yesterday started gathering tokens for, get this, venom and m storm for future use. I have deemed them worth a couple bucks for cover slots.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    They're totally worth having as one stars, but my calculation was based purely on easiest to recover once sold.
  • Opposite situation for me. Had to level up m.Storm and m.bw for the recent 1-star tourney so am now considering building 2nd copies to keep low level.
  • I sold all my 1 stars ages ago EXCEPT Venom (because the Spiderman combo is hilarious, and also turned out to be a quick way to chew through boosted level 230s with 20k hp) and Modern Widow (because her stun was handy until I got 5 blue covers for Spidey, and might be again depending on how Spidey gets changed). Didn't want to spend money on more character slots.

Maybe I should have held onto Modern Storm too, but eh.
  • I regret selling my 1 stars for room instead of spending 5-20 dollars early on for roster slots. Missed out on psylocke covers because of it and was only able to get wolv covers.

Edit: stupid mobile spelling.
  • M. Storm and Venom are probably the most valuable 1* to KEEP, due to a couple of unique abilities.

Expecially Storm, in the jungle she is pretty intense.

Got my top 5 place in the lone star tourney with Storm, Venom and IM35 at not maxed level.

What you can ditch safetly and never look back, in order of suckiness:

1) Yelena, she's like M. Widow, just far worse
    2) Hawkeye Classic, fun but too frail and useless later on
    3) Bagman, just because
    4) M. Widow, there is better stuff out there, might be slightly useful for 1* tourney only
    5) Juggs, nice thank for 1* toruney but M.Storm does a better job with red and green
  • Bagman is not 1*.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Bagman is not 1*.

Now is he? icon_e_wink.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the recent Simulator event, it's always useful to have Venom around for Devour. Just look at the posts where players used Venom to Devour 10K hp buffed Hulk.

I like Juggernaut just for his headbutt. 4 red matches and bye bye M Storm.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You sold the two strongest 1* character in the game.

Every one know that storm is good in forest environment, but in forest she is beyond god-like. A max green a red modern storm is literally an one woman army in desert. She can take down any mobs on her own, the other two are just spectators in desert environment. Just after a few turn you can do an endless loop of Mistress of the Elements->Oasis->Lightning Strike.You can brew a Sand STORM once in a while when you generate max green. She is also one of the only 2 lv50 cap 1*(the other being iron man, i would probably sold in if i have to).

You probably didnt had to play against buff lv230 Hulk so you dont know his power. Venom + M.Storm and Spider Man had been my go to when having to play against lv230 mob. Instant killing a 20000 HP hulk with a the spidy venom combo is a god send(use to be instant win with 8 web tiles, now you have to do with 3 set of 6 web tiles).

These two 1* is better than any other non buff up character in the game(excluding OBW and Spidey).
  • I'd keep Storm. My ** roster is really strong and I've been developing my *** roster and I still use M Storm all the time, especially for goon fights (M Storm/OBW/anyone for the win 99% of the time). She's the only * I kept. Though after reading some of these comments I may rebuild Venom, especially with the Spidey Nerf coming.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd add that Black Widow can also be very useful if it's important to deny enemy moves.

Against say level 200+ Daken+Ares+Ragnarok where any matching of green then red and even yellow can quickly lead to one hit deaths, 30-ish level mBW+mStorm+ preferably blue generator IM40/MNMagneto has a decent chance.
  • Kolence wrote:
    I'd add that Black Widow can also be very useful if it's important to deny enemy moves.

Against say level 200+ Daken+Ares+Ragnarok where any matching of green then red and even yellow can quickly lead to one hit deaths, 30-ish level mBW+mStorm+ preferably blue generator IM40/MNMagneto has a decent chance.

There is the venom spider man combo for a reason, once you have 2 or 3 covers into spiderman blue you will never need M.Blackwidow ever again. Unless the next funbalance drastically change him. Would still thing he would be better than M.Blackwidow.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Why would you sell mStorm and Venom...
    With Spidey, they can do this with no boosts whatsoever:
    c3SZf3gl.jpg yb5H0yfl.jpg

You don't even need to level Venom for the Spidey combo. Oh and better not build him with 5 in purple, you won't need a 1-turn team stun in a team like that.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    granted, this probably won't last with Spidey's nerf, but I still hope for shenanigans being possible.
  • Dninot wrote:
    So recently I picked up my first Patch and Psylocke. I don't have enough HP and I didn't think I'd have enough time to earn it. Having already plunked money into this game, I wasn't ready to do it again so soon.

So...goodbye Venom and M. Storm icon_e_sad.gif

Probably not the weakest 1 stars to sell, but my two least leveled up one stars, and two very easy to rebuild based on standard covers.

What have you guys done in similar circumstance?

edit: Sorry I wasnt clear, i'm out of cover slots, thus the need to sell.

I only own 3 1* characters, and they are all pretty week, so I regretted selling mine when the 1* tournament came about. I've kind of parked my roster at 27, might expand if I get a pack panther. Don't want to ditch ironman a second time icon_e_smile.gif
  • Justdangit wrote:
    You sold the two strongest 1* character in the game.

Every one know that storm is good in forest environment, but in forest she is beyond god-like. A max green a red modern storm is literally an one woman army in desert. She can take down any mobs on her own, the other two are just spectators in desert environment. Just after a few turn you can do an endless loop of Mistress of the Elements->Oasis->Lightning Strike.You can brew a Sand STORM once in a while when you generate max green. She is also one of the only 2 lv50 cap 1*(the other being iron man, i would probably sold in if i have to).

You probably didnt had to play against buff lv230 Hulk so you dont know his power. Venom + M.Storm and Spider Man had been my go to when having to play against lv230 mob. Instant killing a 20000 HP hulk with a the spidy venom combo is a god send(use to be instant win with 8 web tiles, now you have to do with 3 set of 6 web tiles).

These two 1* is better than any other non buff up character in the game(excluding OBW and Spidey).

Storm is better than patch or hulk? I have a bridge to sell you.
  • Honestly, I doubted the power of M.Storm until I toyed with her. It's her Lightning Strike that can be ridiculous. It's totally random, but it destroys gems AND gains AP from them PLUS can cause cascades for more gems/damage.

Just to kind of demonstrate the ridiculous, I was facing a team in the SHIELD battles that got 4 whole turns before I downed two of their members. It went like this: Gain 10 green, use, gained 7 green on destroys and another 3 from a cascade, use, gain enough red for Mistress, use, gain enough green for LS, use, gain another 6 plus 4 cascade, use, gain enough blue through all that to fire off IM's freeze, with all the cascades and strikes taking out their first character, and IM finishing off the second. Sure, the cascades were sick, and brought a lot of pain, but when it works, it WORKS.

Edit: I actually utterly regret tossing her on my main account now. I'd kill to have that AP generating ability now.
  • I regularly beat lvl 230 teams with OBW, M storm, and Patch/punisher (although any Green/Red character would work)

M.storm is defended on all colors.

Between M-Storm and OBW I often can make an almost infinite loop.

Sad i sold her, Glad I rebuilt her