Has the 2 types of LT's slowed progress even more?

westnyy2
westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that the newness of all these big changes have started to wear off, I want to look at the game going forward. The Champions feature is great and I look forward to using it over time but in less than 2 weeks I've championed all my available 2's and maxed them and champed all 3's that were close.

Progression for me involves pulling 5 stars. All my 4's are covered with exception of Chulk and Venom. Silver Surfer is the character I had the most covers of and now my progression on him has halted. It's halted not because I can't reach progressions and reach other milestones but because I can now no longer pull him in an earnable legendary token. My only hope is command points and those aren't as easy to get unless you buy them. $100 in a buy club will allow me to open 7 tokens. Odds are I may get 1 5 star in those 7 but likely not. How else can we get precious CP? I get 2 a day from pve in the harder nodes. That's 14 per week. I also usually get 2 from each pvp times 3 per week and that's 6 more. Boom, 20 CP and a 3.3% chance to pull my beloved Surfer. I also get some CP from 3's and 4's I have championed. Doesn't add up to too much. Surfer is just out of my reach unless I spend thousands of dollars.

A possible solution is giving away both Legendary tokens in events. Make the 20CP token a reward at 1150 in PVP and just before the other in PVE. Surely this won't create an iso surplus as chances are the token is just 1k iso. I want to play, I want to progress, please devs, make it so. There has never been a bigger divide between the haves and have nots in this game.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it's slowed progres yet. Classic tokens are your best bet still, but at least the new token has OML and Phoenix in it.

Once we hit 7 tokens and 5* odds in the classic pack drop you'll see 5* progression slow, but that's still a couple of months away so hopefully I'll have my SS and OML covered by then.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    A possible solution is giving away both Legendary tokens in events. Make the 20CP token a reward at 1150 in PVP and just before the other in PVE. Surely this won't create an iso surplus as chances are the token is just 1k iso. I want to play, I want to progress, please devs, make it so. There has never been a bigger divide between the haves and have nots in this game.

While I agree 100% there needs to be a reward at one of 1100/1150/1200 in PvP, I doubt they'll throw us both tokens (I'd rather this reward be 2500iso or something). Instead, I'd like to see them just replace the LT reward @1300 and PvE with 20CP.

Those who want the old token get one.
    Those who want to buy a new one have to earn 5CP elsewhere.
    Those newer players getting the token from PvE can use it for a guaranteed 3* cover of their choice instead of bemoaning 5* scaling.
    And those tired of RNG luck get a guaranteed 5* of their choice every month or so (when combining with other CP sources)

They can still give out LTs for specific things like season reward, 10k in season, Taco Vault.
  • westnyy2
    I understand Jamie but isn't it much easier to obtain tokens currently than command points? Between PVE, 3x PVP and DDQ I get 5 tokens per week, maybe six if there are 2 pve events. Conversely, I get 20 CP. I'm not a ftp player and have helped the odds quite a bit in my favor but I am taking a break in spending since I have no impending covers set to expire, etc and more Hp than I'll need for quite a while.
  • westnyy2
    @GrumpySmurf Great idea. Although I'd argue it should be 25cp since that is the cost of the token they give us anyways. Everyone wins.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:

While I agree 100% there needs to be a reward at one of 1100/1150/1200 in PvP, I doubt they'll throw us both tokens (I'd rather this reward be 2500iso or something). Instead, I'd like to see them just replace the LT reward @1300 and PvE with 20CP.

Those newer players getting the token from PvE can use it for a guaranteed 3* cover of their choice instead of bemoaning 5* scaling.
    And those tired of RNG luck get a guaranteed 5* of their choice every month or so (when combining with other CP sources)

They can still give out LTs for specific things like season reward, 10k in season, Taco Vault.
    At this point shouldn't 1300 be 25 cp since that would be equal value?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Fine, you guys convinced me.

Put 5 CP @ the 500 mark (again throwing lower players a bone). Move the 1k iso that was there to the 1100-1200 range and make it 3500.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    westnyy2 wrote:

I can see 20 CP being closer to a sweet spot for balance. First, as has been pointed out, it's true that you can get a Classic token but not a new one for that, so you do lose out on the newest 5*s - I get that this may disappoint some. In addition, though, you'd need 6+ 1300s to buy a 4* cover at 20, compared to only 5 at 25. With the massive scores happening in PVP, that difference would only serve to accelerate the gap between haves and have-nots. I suspect that may have something to do with the thinking, and while sure, I'd like to have more CP than less CP, I think Grumpy's suggestion would be a versatile one for players that still wouldn't unbalance the game from the devs' perspective.
  • Sandfli
    Sandfli Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    All that I thought after reading
    All my 4's are covered...
    from the OP was "Damn! Rich People Problems". I can't relate to this topic at all. Nothing negative, just total jealousy on my part.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's fine that they make CP hard to get, so you can pretty much only get them if you have a strong 3*/4* game. But yes it's a trickle to have to beat the same node 10+ times to win a CP and even then only be able to get to 20 CP about once per week with maximum effort (excluding buyer's clubs, login rewards and other irregular bonuses).

One chance per week to have a 3.3% chance of winning SS? That's pretty rough. And soon it will be my only way to win more OML as well. It does make me think of giving up. I almost don't even want to bother with **** Spidey, because soon enough he'll be hard to get too.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    The bigger problem is that RNGesus hates me.

I've opened a lot of legendary tokens. Not sure precisely how many, but I've gotten the LT every PVE it's happened, won several during DDQ (and all of them so far this second time through), as well as getting almost every CP available in PVE, as well as placement rewards.

Through all this effort I've managed to gather just 6 total 5* covers. Surfer 2 red, 2 black, and OML, 1 yellow, 1 red.

Don't have Phoenix, nor 5pidey yet. I'm just trying to at least get each one with one of each color before the odds go way out of favor in the classic packs.

On the bright side... I've got tons of fully covered 4*s now. So it has aided the transition.

Now... To find the iso to level them...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandfli wrote:
    from the OP was "Damn! Rich People Problems". I can't relate to this topic at all. Nothing negative, just total jealousy on my part.

It's not just rich people problems. It's also crazy vet problems. Play like a lunatic long enough and you csn have a similarly excellent chance of getting sweet, sweet 1000 iso from a legendary.
  • westnyy2
    Exactly. I have my 4's covered, not leveled.

Am I ahead of a lot of people? Sure.

Have I spent money? God yes.

Am I a whale? Not even close.

Do I have usable 5's? Yes.

Am I along with most of you falling further behind every day? Yes. That is the issue.
    The Devs need to step up and do something else. They also need to communicate. They have done a poor job since IceIX left and I know I'm not the only one who has noticed.
  • I've given up on progress and have mostly moved on to another game wherein I actually feel progress, but I don't see the 2 types slowing progress, quite the opposite.

I've got a better chance of getting 4*s, and considering I still have zero covered after 2 years, any improvement is, well, an improvement.

If D3 hadn't removed the CP from DDQ and had actually designed a 4* node that worked for players who were transitioning, they'd almost have had it, but D3, so yeah.

DBC
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandfli wrote:

It's not just rich people problems. It's also crazy vet problems. Play like a lunatic long enough and you csn have a similarly excellent chance of getting sweet, sweet 1000 iso from a legendary.

And there's also the matter of the wildly varying power level of 4*s. The only good one I still need covers for are Rulk and Xpool (I never seem to draw any purple covers for either). Technically speaking I still need covers for Chulk and everyone after, but since they're all such meh characters, it's hard to see that as progress. Especially with OML popping up more and more often in pvp.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    True. Before LTs and Champing, I only had IW fully covered, with Thora and Fury close. But now I have Antman, Carnage, XFW and Elektra fully covered as well! With many more at 10+ covers, so we're getting there. I can't wait until 6+ months when I finally have enough ISO to level up one of these suckers!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, so after blowing 220 CP on clasic tokens, and who knows how many of the new ones.. i have come to 1 singular conclusion:

Ghost Rider is not in any of the tokens.. ANY OF THEM

hundreds of LT's, CP bought tokens, PVP, Event, heroics, etc.. i have NEVER pulled a Ghost Rider..

Cmon!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ok, so after blowing 220 CP on clasic tokens, and who knows how many of the new ones.. i have come to 1 singular conclusion:

Ghost Rider is not in any of the tokens.. ANY OF THEM

hundreds of LT's, CP bought tokens, PVP, Event, heroics, etc.. i have NEVER pulled a Ghost Rider..

Cmon!

We've secretly replaced all your tokens and kept all the Ghost Riders for ourselves.