+42, -211! Match worth 45? Nope, 4!

irwando
irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Had both of these tonight. Luckily they were after the match after my hop to 1k. Of course the drop from top 50 to top 100 hurt a little, but at least I got my cover.

Could you image Halo/CoD/Destiny players putting up with this? League of Legends? I know your game isn't an AAA title folks, but c'mon, fix the basics like accurate math.

C'mon folks, post your best! Let's keep doing it until the Dev's address these! Should I make a poll? Those seem to get much more traction.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Again with these posts?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    You could refresh your queues and avoid this entirely.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:

Great idea, add a refresh button. icon_eek.gif

/thread lock
  • Ruinate wrote:
    No, you cannot. Because if your target is now shielded you won't be able to queue them again.

This is why D3 doesn't want to fix this problem. Everyone benefits from more points in the slice. So it's advantageous to wait until your target is shielded before attacking. The risk is if your target loses their points while you are waiting (i.e. - them not shielding). So the more often your 45 points target is only worth 4 points, the more likely you are to NOT wait to attack your targets. That means fewer points in the slice, fewer progression rewards given out, and more money spent on HP for shields and CP to get that cover that you missed out on because you kept getting hit as soon as you got to 700 or 900 pts.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not a big fan of PvP, but seriously, it's not **** brain surgery. We shouldn't need to see this same post every event from people who can't grasp the concept of a cached queue.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    No, you cannot. Because if your target is now shielded you won't be able to queue them again.

This is why D3 doesn't want to fix this problem. Everyone benefits from more points in the slice. So it's advantageous to wait until your target is shielded before attacking. The risk is if your target loses their points while you are waiting (i.e. - them not shielding). So the more often your 45 points target is only worth 4 points, the more likely you are to NOT wait to attack your targets. That means fewer points in the slice, fewer progression rewards given out, and more money spent on HP for shields and CP to get that cover that you missed out on because you kept getting hit as soon as you got to 700 or 900 pts.

You are misunderstanding me. If his queue truly went from 45 points to 4 points, then he either waited too long (he was not holding for his queue to shield, I guarantee it) or he was banking on an easy queue worth many points and..... he waited too long. The only time I am shocked by point drops like that is when I clear retal nodes. If I'm climbing or hopping, points always go up. How to do it? Refresh your ****! 45 points isn't even that much. What's the point of holding onto it for dear life?
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please stop posting these types of topics. Everyone knows points aren't updated i real time and this is addressed in the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35008
This discussion has been closed.