Fewer 2* covers given in PvP?

amusingfoo1
amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've noticed that I've gotten far fewer 2* covers from winning PvP matches the last couple weeks (ie: since championing was introduced).

I saved my 2* covers the week before, as I heard rumors that they might be useful. It felt like I hadn't gotten many the last two weeks, so I checked. In that first week, I saved 43 covers for characters that I championed (I didn't track the others, unfortunately).

In the two weeks since, I have gotten only 38. This last week, I definitely went whole lightning rounds without a single one. That isn't a large enough sample to say anything conclusive (though it's certainly concerning), so I was wondering what other people have seen.

Comments

• shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I don't know about any one else, but I've only very very rarely gotten 2* covers from PVP. It's like 95% Iso (70-150), 3% 1* star covers and the very occasional 2* covers.
  • Anecdotally, I feel I have got a lot less from all the standard tokens.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    This topic has already been presented and it's simple confirmation bias or just a run of bad luck for some players. You're simply paying more attention now that you want those covers so you're either a) noticing how long it takes to get one now or b) paying more attention to your unlucky streak. They're still dropping pretty regularly and I doubt standards have been changed.

Give it more time and perhaps an unlucky streak will even out. If you're just thinking it's less due to actually paying attention now, sooner or later you'll get back to realizing the "norm".
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonstone and Bagman covers are in plenty supply for me, OBW, Storm, Daken and Thor drops have dried up quicker than a very quick drying thing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't really noticed any difference, TBH.
  • I've noticed the complete opposite, last week one of my Lightning Round seed teams gave me one 250 iso reward and 9 2* covers. The odds definitely haven't been lowered!