Command Points... A minor change but massive potential

Options
As Command points are the new HP in terms of rarity here's my idea of a minor change that allows for a lot of improvements.

Multiply EVERY current command point by 5, Thats the 1CP from the 4* node in PvE becomes 5, the 7CP from buying the Stark Salary becomes 35 and every single CP that we have in our games goes up 5 fold too. This also means that the cost of everything goes up 5 fold too, so the cost of a 3* cover upgrade is now 100 CPs and a Latest LT is 125 and a specific 5* becomes 3600. This may seem silly but doing this means that a single CP can become more available: Selling a 3* cover could award 1CP, 4*cover gets 2CPs and a 5* cover gets you 3/4/5 CPs and it means that the 1st purchasable items can have CPs attached to them too. It also means we could have them dotted throughout PvE more readily too, say on the essential nodes and upto the 51-100 or 101-200 prizes.

The potential for commonality is wide open, it means those that get a 5th cover of a character thats not championable (eg. 5/0/1 and you earn a 6th of the first) then its not just the minor Iso you gain. We could even have 1/2 CPs added into points between awards in PvP too. 1CP at 450 points in an event and there is even more potential in season rewards, especially as there is nothing between 5000 -> 7500 & 7500 -> 10000 as well as lower down the awards but a 10 points at 6200 and 15/20 at 8300 too. Perhaps a guaranteed 3* cover style token for 50 CPs, specifically aimed at newer players and a 75CPs for a 4* cover with a 0% chance on 5s so those not ready for the jump that high yet do not need to worry about getting a rogue SS/OML which would seriously affect their scaling. Perhaps even the option to trade awarded LTs for a lower value one - I certainly would much prefer knowing I'd not pull 5* Spidey when I have no space for him if I could.

By doing this no-one loses out on CPs they have already earned either through gameplay or purchases and it means that the players at the lower end can earn a CP here and there for the odd classic LT/3*cover. It also means that we could drop the standard token from the daily reward and replace it with Command points be it only 1 or 2 or a 5 (the old 1 CP)

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    and "buyer's clubs" go to 11.

Law of unintended consequences.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So your minor change is really 'give us more command points'. That's not really minor.