Soldier Fired 4 powers in a row

Failbot
Failbot Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
In current PvE (Prodigal Sun, LA sub, Carnage node) a soldier had a 4, 3, 2, and 1 tile on the board and he fired all 4 consecutively without giving me a turn. None of my characters were stunned.

Comments

• Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Countdowns are processed from left to right, top to bottom. There is a known bug where a countdown can process again in the same turn if it shifts to a lower position during the countdown phase. This can happen if another countdown causes a board shake or clears a row. I'm guessing that your soldier countdowns were arranged similar to this:

bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png 4
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png 3 bluetile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png 2 bluetile.pngbluetile.png
    bluetile.pngbluetile.png 1 bluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png

The last countdown would clear its row, causing the others to drop. Because it's going left to right, the game then sees the next countdown and processes it again. Clear the row, drop the tiles, rinse and repeat. All within a single turn.

This is clearly a bug and should not happen, but that's my take on how it happened.
  • Thankfully I've never had four all go off on one turn but I've been getting that bug every couple goon matches on this PvE. It gets annoying but it's been around since the game first came out so you should probably just think of it as a feature instead of a bug because it's never going to be fixed.