Scaling affected when 1 character is above soft cap?

Options
Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
My highest-level character is X-Force Wolverine. I took him to 127 (his current max) because I didn't understand scaling back when I got the covers for him. Since becoming aware of soft-capping, I haven't taken any of my other characters past 104.

I currently have 9 three-star characters who I could bring up to 127 or higher, but I've heard conflicting explanations as to whether scaling is based on your single-strongest character or your top three.

My most-used combination is 2-Storm and 2-Magneto, and I'd like to keep them viable, so I don't want the rest of my roster to leave them behind while I wait for champion covers. On top of that, none of those nine softcapped characters have Purple, so I have another reason to worry about widening the gap.

Basically, will my scaling be affected if I bring my other characters up to match my highest existing character?

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everything we have seen talks about top 3 characters average level. Character boosts are also taken into account when scaling is calculated. I would suggest waiting until you can take a good group of 6 or more to 120 since that is a nice spot to move to next since leveling is relatively cheap until then.

I made the mistake of leveling just a few characters to max level beyond the rest of my roster. It was painful until I could bring more characters up to help out. Taking only those few killed my scaling and the rest of my roster couldn't keep up.