R92: LThor's Call the Storm deflected by Life of the Party

Inarius
Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
So I was running the DPD 3* reward node when I reached the final wave, composed of icon_deadpool.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_hood.png, so naturally i targeted that hood bastard just so i could watch him being downed first.

I cast call the storm and icon_deadpool.png jumps in to save mr hood, but then I noticed that the 2k+ damage of call the storm that the hood should've taken got completely negated.

Doctor Doom received, Deadpool received, but not the Hood? How does someone completely negates an attack that hits all enemies?

It's like saying you're safe from an atomic blast if you place someone else in front of you. No, you still get reduced to ashes. Can this please be fixed?

8ndtjxg.jpg

Comments

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    3thors green and carnages red are pseudo-aoe nukes in a way that they do have a main target who takes extra damage. Like you can't use them if the only target is invisible. Also they can trigger deadpools or things protective passive. So deadpool hopping in to save hood is intended and not a bug. If you had targeted deadpool hood would have taken the lesser damage without deadpool switching in to protect him. As for hood taking no damage in your scenario I'm not sure if that is a bug either. Looking at your picture it seems like deadpool did take both the main damage (that would have gone to hood) and the lesser damage (about 6k total).
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    So Deadpool intercepted the AOE damage that would've been taken by Hood, got hit himself by the AOE damage, and because he was in front, he received the extra single-target damage too. Seems like it's working as intended. In fact, since you usually want to squash Deadpool quickly to prevent Life of the Party entirely, this might actually be a useful strategy.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    So Deadpool intercepted the AOE damage that would've been taken by Hood, got hit himself by the AOE damage, and because he was in front, he received the extra single-target damage too. Seems like it's working as intended. In fact, since you usually want to squash Deadpool quickly to prevent Life of the Party entirely, this might actually be a useful strategy.
    I'd consider this as a bug, rather than working as intended. If it is the intended behavior, it's pretty counter-intuitive.