Favourite ability graphics/sounds

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What are some of your favourite ability animations? A mixture of graphics and sounds that you just like a lot.

Overall character (all 3 abilities): Elektra icon_elektra.png

Single ability: WHALES!WHALES!WHALES! icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png

Honourable mention: Fists of Fury icon_quicksilver.pnggreenflag.png

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like icon_cyclops.pngblackflag.png but unless he's trying to hit Falcon, I don't really know what he's aiming at.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    I really like icon_cyclops.pngblackflag.png but unless he's trying to hit Falcon, I don't really know what he's aiming at.

He finds lower ground so he can fry people's butts.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's hard to beat beat Daredevil's Sausage Drop. Not only is it fairly tricky to pull off, but when the enemy makes the match and downs him (or her) self it is oh-so-satisfying.

I also like the bouncing casing sound from Punisher's Retribution.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I am on record as a big fan of Patch's Flying Sneeze, and 4* Jean's purple has a nice bullet-stopping effect. Elektra's and Moonstone's moves make me feel too ... funny.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tryke wrote:
    Orion wrote:

He finds lower ground so he can fry people's butts.

Cyclops has zero reason to be jealous of other people's butts. I think we've clearly established that with that other poll.
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    My favorite is Retribution. The simplicity of shooting a guy in the face. And good sound too.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    My favourite animations are Punisher Retribution and Cyclops Full Blast but my favourite sound is Blade Thirst.
  • squirrel girls animation is cool. when all these little furred creatures run over your screen.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    The only correct answer is Devil Dinosaur's purple power.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Favorite animation : 3BE Contract Killer, he just looks so happy!

Best Sound, KK yellow - Ting!
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Several months back I downloaded an Android emulator for when I was playing at home. I turned up all the settings and couldn't believe how much more beautiful the animations were than my phone or tablet. CMag's blue in particular looks really good. The swirly animation behind him is great.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Sexy Butt Yellow
    Devil Dino Dance
  • The two black OML animations are by far my favourite. When those claws come out you know he's about to pile some hurt!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker

Why is there not a brief disco riff played in the background when he does this move?? We need this added to the game, asap.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Doc L wrote:

Why is there not a brief disco riff played in the background when he does this move?? We need this added to the game, asap.

I would also accept a boots-and-pants-and-boots-and-pants riff.
  • Favourite overall character animation - Carnage - EVERYTHING

Favourite move - Antman - Small Time Crooks / Grow

Honourable Mention - Cho with those hot dogs!
  • star.pngicon_venom.png Symbiote Snare just has a weird creepy effect that just makes me feel all nasty and junk

icon_hood.png Intimidation is, well, intimidating. Scariest guy with a random hood ever.

icon_gamora.png Bad Reputation just gives you just the sassiest look around.

icon_invisiblewoman.png Force Bubbles is oddly satisfying for a not very good move.

icon_kamalakhan.png Bring out your best! Smile, twinkle, heal, gone.

icon_kingpin.png Maggia Pawnss, Just standing back with a smug smile as the mooks flood the place

icon_nickfury.png The Full Avengers Assemble gets a party going on, while Demolition just feels. Kinda sad, on his big butt throne.

icon_starlord.png Hey look! It's the Pet Avengers! Also, Everybody Follow Me just like loads up on Big Heroness like, really, really well.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like a lot of animations. OML's black when transforming is great in showing emotion; if you've read the Old Man Logan storyline, it really captures the feel of Wolvie accepting who he really is, after all those years of hiding and pacifist lifestyle
    I like the touch of updating his character model to show his claws afterward.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    icon_bullseye.png I love all of his animations.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tryke wrote:
    Overall character (all 3 abilities): Elektra icon_elektra.png

I actually think her Ballet of Death images are a little off; her attitude to the front is drawn from a bad angle, and her reverse arabesque looks so contrived.