Fix PvP Losses.

irwando
irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Win for +43 while losing for -139? Still no solution for this? Here, let me help you.

Here are options for you Dev's:

1) Make rewards based on total points earned and not points lost. If I earn 1k points over the course of the event I get the reward regardless of what I lose. Make progression an actual progression reward

2) Impose a maximum number of points that can be lost while actively playing (lets say 1 move per minute, but that can be adjusted) a match.. During that time the number of points I can lose is = the number I can win

3) Impose a restriction that I can lose 1 match at max while actively playing a match (same as previous, different limit)

Oh, and while I'm at it, stop lying to us about the points for a match and make it the points you see = what you will get for winning.

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    A little constructive feedback on your points.

1. Good idea, make progression and placement different. Shouldn't be too hard to code a separate board for points earned during an event.

2. If you are unable to lose more points than you can win then versus will become a grind fest, more importantly what would stop players starting a match then leaving the screen idle to run the timer down knowing they would be unable to lose at !ost 75 points?

3. Again players would just leave the screen idle mid match.

You won't find anyone disagreeing that it is damned frustrating losing hundreds of points while you are in one match, I just don't think there is an ideal solution that would benefit both players and publishers.
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I agree. I would also argue that PVP should not lose points and have it a pure sprint to be the highest PVP point total. You will usually have these players. I believe more players will participate as well as provide an incentive to keep pushing toward more powerful rosters.
  • Agree, play now the Hulk PvP, maxed hulk, max kamala and max black panther..when i get over 900pts i get -200pts and after a while -120..this is insane, no chance to get 4star reward so i have no chance to make transision to 4*..after 2years of playing a probably stop cause i dont see much fun now in playing
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    tvosi wrote:
    Agree, play now the Hulk PvP, maxed hulk, max kamala and max black panther..when i get over 900pts i get -200pts and after a while -120..this is insane, no chance to get 4star reward so i have no chance to make transision to 4*..after 2years of playing a probably stop cause i dont see much fun now in playing
    Try shielding
  • Yeah great advice..i have to shield myself to protect my points, hmm...ok it stop loosing points but i want to have more than 800pts..everytime i start playing after shield, i am immediately under attacks..si this advice sucks
  • roboto0007
    roboto0007 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I've always thought that the best solution would be for an attack shield for a certain duration after you take a loss (as long as you don't attack someone else.) eg. I attack until I run out of health packs. I get attacked shortly after and lose the max points for 1 fight. Consequently, after my first loss I can't be attacked for a certain duration of time (maybe 1 to 2 hours) as long as I don't attack anyone else. This buffer will allow my health packs to regen and my heroes to heal up a bit so that I can continue to progress. Also will negate the problem of my score taking an extreme nosedive when I sleep or go to work (this is the only game I've ever played where you get punished for having a job or sleeping) or when everyone on earth attacks in the last hour of an event. Regular shields can still be purchased for those achievers who have a high score and want to protect. This also rewards players who participate in the whole event rather than allowing for a potential sweep in the final hours of an event.