No I do not need to upgrade my heroes or find better heroes

Options
Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
Please get rid of that insulting popup when you lose a match, the last 100 matches I have lost have been because the AI gets ridiculous cascades, where is the option to have less of those. When my max 3*'s get killed in 1 turn by the AI it has nothing to do with their level. Its the cheating ai and the goons. Please fix this worthless feature.

Comments

• LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please get rid of that insulting popup when you lose a match, the last 100 matches I have lost have been because the AI gets ridiculous cascades, where is the option to have less of those. When my max 3*'s get killed in 1 turn by the AI it has nothing to do with their level. Its the cheating ai and the goons. Please fix this worthless feature.

Haha, rage.

You are 100% right though. The cpu cheating has ramped up considerably lately. I know, I know confirmation bias blah blah blah. Whatever.

The game cheats and isn't random, deal with it.
  • I'd doubt that the AI cheats just because as it is, the AI is pretty terrible. If they were going to bother to make the AI cheat to make the game harder, you'd think they'd make it so the AI would recognize when they could get a 5-match in a L or T formation.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me, that screen is more insulting because of scaling. Level up your heroes. Then they'll just level the cons to 300, and show you the same tinykitty screen.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find the reminder of how to make a match 3 more offensive than the defeat screen.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I find the reminder of how to make a match 3 more offensive than the defeat screen.

The in-game one? Absolutely. I've fat-fingered a few non-matches, and it's just hilarious to get the "perhaps you think you're playing a different game" reminder.
  • firethorne wrote:
    For me, that screen is more insulting because of scaling. Level up your heroes. Then they'll just level the cons to 300, and show you the same tinykitty screen.

The annoying thing about that is, it'll totally help you get past that mission you're stuck on!

...because the scaling doesn't take effect until the NEXT subnode.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Corence wrote:
    I'd doubt that the AI cheats just because as it is, the AI is pretty terrible. If they were going to bother to make the AI cheat to make the game harder, you'd think they'd make it so the AI would recognize when they could get a 5-match in a L or T formation.

FWIW, the AI can actually take those matches. It's just exceedingly uncommon / unlikely, as the damage produced by that L/T would have to exceed the damage of the Match-4 the AI could also make, without including the extra turn, critical tile, or cascade. The AI will always take the match with the most up-front damage when a line-clear is available.
  • Devinsdsm
    Options
    I'll second the AI being too dumb to cheat. The developers gave us many advantages, including the lack of match 5s that include a turn, auto-firing the lowest AP ability in a color, and not creating matches with color time creating abilities, to start with.

Can you imagine if the AI had real skill? MN Mags and Grey Suit Widow might actually be dangerous.
  • Devinsdsm wrote:
    I'll second the AI being too dumb to cheat. The developers gave us many advantages, including the lack of match 5s that include a turn, auto-firing the lowest AP ability in a color, and not creating matches with color time creating abilities, to start with.

Can you imagine if the AI had real skill? MN Mags and Grey Suit Widow might actually be dangerous.

They actually had a blog post about that, like, one of the developers changing the AI to find Match 5s, to target enemy special tiles, and avoid friendly special tiles.

But people probably wouldn't be big fans of that.

Like, anything in this game's difficulty that is not "Super Easy" is "Relies entirely on luck to win". There's no middle ground there.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Devinsdsm wrote:

They actually had a blog post about that, like, one of the developers changing the AI to find Match 5s, to target enemy special tiles, and avoid friendly special tiles.

But people probably wouldn't be big fans of that.

Like, anything in this game's difficulty that is not "Super Easy" is "Relies entirely on luck to win". There's no middle ground there.
    Here you go.....

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/engineer ... -opponent/

Good luck convincing them them. I suppose it's just easier to assume the game is cheating, or you are really unlucky than to consider the fact that you might actually not be very good at the game.