If I was in charge of MPQ (game concepts)

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
...I would fix a bunch of small things that the players hate. Hello, 20 iso and strongest color issues. Hello customer communications.

Beyond that, the things that I think the game lacks most are casual play modes and diverse opponent combinations. I'd introduce a new play mode to the game:

Arcade's Murderworld -
This would be a story mode, playable daily, featuring just 6 nodes. Each node would contain completely randomized opponents including all possible playable characters and goons. The nodes would increase in difficulty as you go. For instance:

#1 - 500 iso - Randomized from a list of 1* chars and all goons at lvl 70
#2 - Heroic Token - Randomized from a list of 2* chars and all goons at lvl 120
#3 - 1000 iso - Randomized from a list of 3* chars and all goons at lvl 170
#4 - Heroic Token - Randomized from a list of 3 & 4* chars and all goons at lvl 220
#5 - 1500 iso - Randomized from a list of 4* chars and all goons at lvl 270
#6 - 2cp - Randomized from a list of 4 & 5* chars and all goons at lvl 320

You cannot skip, reload or cycle through opponents in any way. Some days you might go up against OML, Surfer & Phoenix in the final node, the next day it might be Invis Woman, Hotdog Hulk & Maggia Don. If you get a bad set you can't beat, you play again tomorrow.

Option: If you want to ratchet up the difficulty a little bit we could make each one a wave node with 4 opponents so you can't see who you're going up against until you get there, and won't know who the 4th is until they drop on your head.

This takes a bite out of both the iso flow and cp flow shortages while providing something this game needs - unpredictability (in gameplay, not the rewards for it).

What would you put (realistically) into the game if you could have anything?

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Event-point based progression for Story events.

You play in say, Prodigal Sun, and earn a specific kind of ISO-8, lets say Yellow because Sentry. Each battle gives you this currency, and there is a FINITE amount to be earned from each node. No refresh timers, play at your own pace until you've earned as much as you'd like. Then use this currency to purchase prizes from the Prodigal Sun store. Throw 3-4 4* covers in there, 5 or so 3* covers, a Legendary Token, a bunch of event tokens, several HP, CP and ISO stashes...you know, basically everything you could already win from playing the event on the rigid schedule they set for us. Hardcore players will do the same they do now, and play the event until they win EVERYTHING on offer. Others will have the option to grind out as much as they need for whatever prizes they actually want. Just want the LT and one of the 4* covers? Play till you get enough to buy them and carry on.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    One more thing - I'd change the iso rewards for championed characters so that the iso amout received was always more than what would have been received by a non-champ sell. Instead of 250 for the 2*s, make it 300. Instead of 500 for the 3*s, make it 600. It's not a huge difference, but it sure would feel nice to get more than you would have for just selling. The iso aspect of the champ system is very underwhelming.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    BTW they did do something about the strongest color issue. In SG event I used a KP drain as a TU and in the discription it said drain strongest color (red). It was very nice knowing what was going to be drained.