This has become my Heroic PVE experience

mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
JSZmXxt.gif

not that I can't beat Juggs but he is literally the worst play against. So boring and annoying. Makes for a horrible experience at day 600+

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Those **** Heroic prologue missions are the **** worst. It's a health pack suck before you even get to the main missions! Why do they scale? Set them low and be done with it. You're already limiting my roster. Let me breeze through these one time only nodes, so I can get to facing overpowered enemies with whatever **** characters got the bump this go around for 20 iso.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure would breathe life in this game for another mode to earn rewards in at your own pace besides pvps and the singular story missions available to us.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Does the scaling on Heroic PvE events check your entire roster or just the ones you can play with?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the scaling on Heroic PvE events check your entire roster or just the ones you can play with?
    the ones that are available, boosts included
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember the thread about quality of life?
    A quality of life change get rid of Heroics and get rid of so many Juggs nodes in PVE.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    For every person who hates heroics, there's another player who likes them. So getting rid of them doesn't seem like a good idea.

Fixing scaling issues would already help a lot to make them more bearable, though.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Der_Lex wrote:
    For every person who hates heroics, there's another player who likes them.

I'm one of those who likes them. I'm not to keen on the bump the 1* or 2* enemies get, but I really appreciate that the limited roster forces me to try out characters I rarely use and new combinations. I really hate, just hate facing off against icon_bullseye.png because of his enemyprotect.png power. Did I mention how much I hate that?! But this go around, I discovered that purpleflag.pngicon_daredevil.png is a good counter. In the previous heroic I realized that icon_ares.png is fun to use.

Granted, I'm only 95 days in and a 3* transitioner right now. I may feel differently later on, but for now I like the heroic events.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Those tinykitty Heroic prologue missions are the tinykitty worst. It's a health pack suck before you even get to the main missions! Why do they scale? Set them low and be done with it. You're already limiting my roster. Let me breeze through these one time only nodes, so I can get to facing overpowered enemies with whatever tinykitty characters got the bump this go around for 20 iso.
    This. It's so demoralizing to have chunks ripped out of your limited roster's hp for piddly amounts of points. If you won't make them trivial, at least give them the point value of regular nodes so it doesn't feel like such a waste of time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a little ironic that after the redesign Juggernaut is barely in the event, he only pops up in "one and done" nodes.
  • You could always run them the same time as other events. People wont have time to grind for both so the one who do like it get to play it and the ones who don't have less competition in the other event.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    That node is easy. They didn't give him mooks that generate his colors. I can't wait for a node with an overleveled Juggernaut and two Symbiote Demolishers.
    Mostly kidding.

It's fun using the limited rosters of Heroics, and as less people play them, you can play them at the rythmn your Health Packs allows you, and still rank high.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I never understood the mentality for liking heroics and the limited roster combinations.

I agree it's fun to discover new combinations, but if that is what someone finds fun, why not just.....try different combinations? Besides pvp, most of the other events/game modes allow you to try different combos anyway. Plus the weekly buffs to encourage you to use certain characters. But apparently, only completely locking down the roster is the only way that we will try new teams? Huh?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the limited roster... but I'm not crazy about the endless jugg battles that kill that limited roster and make me need to revive them.

A lot of it is that after playing the game for 1.5 years, I've done enough pves before, and the limited prizes for maximum effort just make it no longer worth my time.
  • cyineedsn wrote:
    I never understood the mentality for liking heroics and the limited roster combinations... if that is what someone finds fun, why not just.....try different combinations?
    Because scaling. Heroics limit scaling to what's actually available, so one could play with their lvl120s (boosted) against lvl 200 enemies, rather than lvl 250+ due to scaling thanks to other boosted 166s (or more).
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quite frankly, apart from those main mission nodes, Juggs was barely present at all in the Heroic. Yeah they were annoying to deal with but Juggs has been replaced almost entirely in the subs, this time around it was Doc Ock, Kingping & 3* Mags.

Wasn't the easiest heroic I've played but it wasn't the hardest either.

Now if only they could remove or nerf those Maggia Muscles I'd be happy.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Remember the thread about quality of life?
    A quality of life change get rid of Heroics and get rid of so many Juggs nodes in PVE.

I feel like that's what they're (sorta) doing with new PVE events.

Keep adding more missions that have less Juggs in them, thus, you have less Juggs nodes in PVE (Relatively.)

Also, unless they add a Heroic: H.A.M.M.E.R., there's just going to be less Heroics in general because of that, too.

...speaking of, when are they going to rerun Hearts of Darkness? I didn't play the first one 'cause new 4* Rewards.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    kaelad wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    For every person who hates heroics, there's another player who likes them.

Granted, I'm only 95 days in and a 3* transitioner right now. I may feel differently later on, but for now I like the heroic events.

I feel that part of the problem with heroics is that enemy scaling is better fun-tuned for your stage (all 2*, less than 1/2 3*) than high level 4* transitioners (All 3 stars, more than 1/2 4*).

It seems like the goon level CD drop much faster and the damage 2x, and 3x once your top 4 char (buffed 3 and max 4) are past the level 200 mark.

While every match is still fairly winnable, your generally losing over 1/2 per character per match. Just not sustainable.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    But all those 4* players can use winfinite! Oh wait...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    mjh wrote:
    JSZmXxt.gif

not that I can't beat Juggs but he is literally the worst play against. So boring and annoying. Makes for a horrible experience at day 600+

Day 600+ and all you are facing is a level 155 Juggs in that node?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    ...speaking of, when are they going to rerun Hearts of Darkness? I didn't play the first one 'cause new 4* Rewards.
    It will come soon enough I think. There are only so many three-star events to use.