HT, Doc Doom, Mohawk, Mystique, Psylocke - which to champion

Options
CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So I have enough ISO, as well as spare covers waiting in queue, to champion another of my ~ lvl 140 characters.

My choices:
(1) Human Torch - good damage, give Thing cover (eventually)
(2) Doc Doom - beefy, great purple
(3) Mohawk Storm - good in certain situations, but low health
(4) Mystique - good black, color shift, low health, gives Iceman cover (eventually)
(5) Psylocke - meh offense but relatively quick for lower level fights, gives 4Pool cover (eventually)

I was thinking Doom or HT, but with the current bug on boosted levels, I can't tell if they will return to their former damage dealing glory or not.
I have tons of covers for Storm, but not sure I'd really use her.
I've always liked Mystique, though less so after they nerfed her blue.
And that leaves Psylocke, who seems really under powered, but I like her speed for easy PVE/seed PVP and I could use the 4Pool cover when it comes.

So - thoughts?

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom is a must for me since he is a beast. Mine is only level 128 and I did 13.5k damage with his purple a couple of days go.

I think torch is good since he gives thing covers and his speed makes him decent for climbing the low levels of the ladder
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did torch after I did hood and loki and doom is on my 'to do' list. storm I will eventually do, but might be a while (many things are ahead of her in priority for me). for me, unless I'm going to use them...play them...I'm not going to spend the iso just to champ them. others may disagree, but that's my take. the ones on my to do list will be used in some form or fashion - doom, grocket, patch, deadpool, gsbw, marvel, blade, and then later, shulk, bullseye and storm. I can see myself using any/all of those in various capacities boosted or unboosted (certain pve combos and when featured in pvp). I just don't see myself using mystique or psylocke much regardless of level, and 70K iso is a lot to spend just for an LT and some hp/cp. if you don't have anywhere else the iso needs to go, maybe, but I'd recommend saving it for when your 4*s need it - it goes fast with 4*s.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say Mystique or Doom, especially if you use Patch regularly, because either of those two work well with Patch.

Torch would be another good alternative for his crazy red spam.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom. His purple is superb.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You may take into account your 2* champions. For example 2* Storm will give additional covers for Mohawk.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would do Storm, because she has a place in gimmick teams, which means the extra health comes in handy, and the respec is handy because 5yellow is not the best standalone build, but it is best in some configurations.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In order:

- Psylocke, she's not that meh on offense, she does deal good damage especially with black. And yes, she's awesome for low level fights. Also, she benefits from the free respec. 5 in blue is not incredible but there are some uses for it.

- Mystique, fun to use, gives Iceman covers, free respec gives her more flexibility.

- Doom, not exactly top-tier 3* anymore. The only problem is Iron Fist does blacktile.png generation better, there are better purples also (maybe not in pure damage but Doom's purple is slow to build up for max potential), and his black is becoming very lackluster.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    I think I'm down to:
    (1) Hold onto the ISO / invest in 4* OR
    (2) Put it into Psylocke.

At the end of the day, I think 60K iso is better held or invested into a 4* rather than putting into championing another 3* - but still pondering
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    I think I'm down to:
    Psylocke is probably the worst choice among those you're considering. And given the content of all the feedback you got, I'm not even sure how that idea floated to the top. Must've been a Fox News poll...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Thanks for the advice.
    I think I'm down to:
    Psylocke is probably the worst choice among those you're considering. And given the content of all the feedback you got, I'm not even sure how that idea floated to the top. Must've been a Fox News poll...

I thought the same thing Doom seemed to get the most votes
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Thanks for the advice.
    I think I'm down to:

I thought the same thing Doom seemed to get the most votes

That's because we all know that Doom is secretly from Kenya!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

You leave Psylocke alone! icon_evil.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I have enough ISO, as well as spare covers waiting in queue, to champion another of my ~ lvl 140 characters.

My choices:
    (4) Mystique - good black, color shift, low health, gives Iceman cover (eventually)
    (5) Psylocke - meh offense but relatively quick for lower level fights, gives 4Pool cover (eventually)

So - thoughts?

Two quick points.

1. its approx 97k to upgrade a 3* from 120 to 166, and another 8k to promote. So be thinking in 105k blocks.

2. Storm is gimmicky, but she gets buffed in Divine champs, Goddesses, Any Xmen event, not sure if she's buffed in Black vortex. so she's buffed in a fair number of events and definitely more than doc, mystique or psylocke. In any event where she gets buffed, her black becomes a real problem at high levels.

just some points to consider
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade wrote:

My choices:

So - thoughts?

Two quick points.

1. its approx 97k to upgrade a 3* from 120 to 166, and another 8k to promote. So be thinking in 105k blocks.

2. Storm is gimmicky, but she gets buffed in Divine champs, Goddesses, Any Xmen event, not sure if she's buffed in Black vortex. so she's buffed in a fair number of events and definitely more than doc, mystique or psylocke. In any event where she gets buffed, her black becomes a real problem at high levels.

just some points to consider
    Storm is indeed boosted in Black Vortex.