New 4* Character and New Tile Type Idea: Archangel

Options
RandomTask83
RandomTask83 Posts: 14
Archangel
Blue - Archangel uses his powerful wings to deal a deafening blow to the enemy, causing damage. If Archangel is air-borne, he lets go of the enemy he is carrying and dives at the current target, dealing additional damage. Damage applied to air-borne enemy is reduced and enemy returns to battle.
Yellow - Worthington makes use of his healing blood to aid himself and his team by mixing his own blood with theirs. Changes all Team-Up tiles on the board to yellow Heal Tiles. (Passive) If there are more than [X] Team-up tiles present, Archangel restores health.
Black - Archangel grabs an enemy and flies them to the height of the clouds and releases them, plummeting to the ground. Both Archangel and target are airborne for [X] turns and all non-flying enemies take damage upon landing.

I thought of an idea for this new tile type a while ago and this is my idea for a possible implementation. A Heal Tile would work similarly to a Attack Tile and would apply to whichever character on your team most recently made a match (just like how Attack Tiles inflict damage). This would add a new layer to strategizing because you would have to try and foresee what your enemies next move could be based on the board and amount of AP/number of attack/strike tiles before you strike with a vulnerable character so that he/she can be healed before taking a hit (the idea being that they will be healed more than they will be hurt by the subsequent enemy strike). If the character takes more damage than the heal was worth, then the tile basically served as a shield tile.

I've also had some fun with Colossus' Fastball Special so this would be a new twist on that kind of functionality. If there's an enemy that is a pain in the ****, you can take them out of the match for a while, at the cost of Archangel going out of the battle as well (could be good if he's low on health - he could continue to heal each turn while airborne). To counter this possible downside to his black power, you can combine it with his Blue to cause extra damage. Thoughts/contributions?

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Love the heal tile idea. I'd envision then working more like a reverse attack tile than a strike. They hit your front character, but for health gain, not loss.
  • RandomTask83
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Love the heal tile idea. I'd envision then working more like a reverse attack tile than a strike. They hit your front character, but for health gain, not loss.

Thanks for the correction - you're right. I fixed the verbiage in my original post.