Better math and calculations

Options
alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
Recent improvements (I think with the introduction of Ghost Rider) shows the dmg calculated for some abilities right in the tool tip.

Awesome!

Can we get this added to other abilities, and take into account defensive tiles and modifiers?

From recent matches:
* Hulkbuster - Repulsor Punch (634 dmg per red * red AP)
I have 14 red, but Luke Cage has a defense tile out, plus Magneto triggered Coercive Field... can I down Hulk in one shot or am I going to make him "Angry"...? *whips out calculator*

* Luke Cage - Righteous Uppercut (4521 dmg + 1310 for every non-downed ally)
Well Iron Fist is down, but HulkBuster isn't, which means 4521 + 1310, but there's still 3 Iron First strike tiles adding to that...

etc, etc...

Don't get me wrong, the first round of adding in the actual damage was awesome, let's take it to the next level.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My cMags redflag.png does 264 damage per TU tile. Should I really have to count them all and multiply? His blueflag.png does 718 per swap. Now I have to count two colors?

Take a pass at powers that do variable damage and add some of these formulas when you guys do your "quality of life" updates, please.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That would be awesome!! The game clearly knows how much damage each attack will do (not counting any additional matches caused by that attack). It would be great for the game to tell us in that attack's description!
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I can beat all of these.

icon_punisher.pngredflag.png
  • Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    Options
    Up vote this change.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I do this manually all the time with greenflag.pngicon_ares.png and it would be great to just have the total listed in parenthesis after the "X damage for each" part.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_rocket.png Am I below 25% ? Should I make that yellow match now, or make the blue and take one more hit?
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    icon_rocket.png Am I below 25% ? Should I make that yellow match now, or make the blue and take one more hit?
    This is actually the easiest to figure out.. at least on the mobile version, the health bar (all characters, actually) would start to pulsate when the health is less than 25%. (I'm not sure about the steam version)

I don't think that's the case with the Steam version, at least, it isn't something I've noticed. I have taken to opening up Calculator and working it out.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.