Prodigal Sun vault

2»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got your middle finger right here. icon_e_sad.gif No vaults in the last I-don't-know-how-many events for this poor unfortunate steam soul. Only 1 non-taco vault ever for me, during the anniversary.
    I thought everyone got a Naughty or Nice vault?
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I haven't gotten a vault for any recent PvEs. But it must not be a Steam thing since I'm on iOS. Oh well, guess I'll just kept hoarding my HP...
  • jvasses
    jvasses Posts: 43
    no vault for me either?!?! the devs should at least comment on whether they are trialing something out here? why the total randomness? as another user said, a 7 day event vault gives MUCH better odds than the non vault players. If the devs want me to spend $on a 40pack, they better start giving me a vault. to date, the only 40pack I ever purchased has been the naughty/nice vault.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the past, one group of users had a vault for one event, then the other had one for the next, as part of an A/B test.

My guess (and it's purely a guess) is that they're still doing A/B testing, but they want to see how users respond when a vault is less novel -- i.e., they just had one available in the previous event.

If I'm correct, after this event or maybe one more, they'll switch it again and give the other group of users vaults for a couple consecutive events to even it out.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    vault here
    4 stars
    black carnage would be my first would make it 2-1-4
    yellow vemon would make it 1 black 3 yellows
    Pink red hulk would make it 2-3-3

does anyone else think red hulk looks like he got hit little peter caught in his zipper icon_e_smile.gif

10 ares covers wow
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    No vault for me. I had a vault the last time.. but even though I bought extra tokens, I didn't win any of the 4*s or LTs. Oh well, hopefully next time!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had a vault for Unstable and now for Prodigal Sun. I think I prefer the vault due to possibility of pulling an LT, but I'd take either vault or regular token page because the likelihood of pulling stuff is the same for me.

Those that had both, have you ever bought a lot of tokens in a vault? I bought a lot in the Independence day one and a lot in the Naughty or Nice vault. Maybe that's why I'm getting them. These PVE ones, not worth trying to empty, based on what I can use and what's in there.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, if they're doing tests on vaults...why do a vault on a 4 day event, followed by a vault on a 7 day event?
    I'm a little miffed now, I had a vault for Red ISO 8, a 4 day event, a regular token for Juggernaut and regular for Prodigal Sun.

A vault on a 7 day event is more beneficial due to more tokens dropping and more time to buy from it.

Then again, I suppose that's the point. See how many more tokens are bought on a 7-day as opposed to a 4-day. Eh, guess that makes sense.