Next character

Options

Comments

• 4* DeadPool pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Iron Patriot is a must.
    Morbius- would be cool as a villian healer-drain and color-drain.
    Cyclops is a 4 star type.
    Red Skull
    More villains are needed.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Destro wrote:

More villains you say? Thanos would make a great first 5* character!

Wish they would have centered this game on the infinity gauntlet story line since it pretty much involved everyone in the marvel universe.
  • They're obviously not hemmed in by the dark reign storyline much. Captain America is a heavily featured character.
  • Destro wrote:
    Iron Patriot is a must.
    Morbius- would be cool as a villian healer-drain and color-drain.
    Cyclops is a 4 star type.
    Red Skull
    I would definitely like to see Iron Patriot, and Cyclops. Also, it may be unpopular, but it'd really like to see The Sentry as well. Totally a 4* though oh and Capt Marvel/Marvel Boy
  • EMMA FROST is a must-have. No questions about it.

Hope we can get Cable and Deadpool too.

I am hoping for a Modern Thor. They killed the only Thor we have he sucks now. icon_e_sad.gif
  • starsrift wrote:
    davecazz wrote:
    does the game really have to stick with dark reign? it could easily grow into more story lines. It would be nice to get another faction in addition to the brotherhood, Maggia and hammer.

I would assume their license only grants them use of Dark Reign, not a blanket Marvel license.

That is already kind of not true though, right? Since they use covers that are not part of Dark Reign?
  • Well if you consider just the chars that were in MVC there's still potentially plenty to add.

Deadpool, Dr Strange, Dormammu, Ghost Rider , Iron fist, MODOK, Nova, Phoenix (Jean), Rocket racoon, Sentinel, She hulk, Shuma, Skrull, taskmaster, x-23.

Of course nothing says that any of those have to be added but were used recently in marvel games.

MODOK and Dormammu would be just fine with me! Also a 4* Doom that has hidden missiles and footdive as two of his powers icon_e_biggrin.gif

If it is true that only Dark Reign chars will be used I'd say Dr Strange has to be added.
  • Willie Lumpkin.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    EMMA FROST is a must-have. No questions about it.

Hope we can get Cable and Deadpool too.

I am hoping for a Modern Thor. They killed the only Thor we have he sucks now. icon_e_sad.gif

Deadpool would be awesome. Could have some great animations!

I still like Thor, but I wanna respec my 5/5/3 to 3/5/5. I team him regularly with Hulk or C Storm. Hulk can tank greens for Thor, and Call the Storm is awesome when you have 3 (or 2) enemies standing. As soon as the enemy is last man standing, Thor's yellow generates green for either Hulk or C Storm to apply the finishing touches, or shake up the board if required.
  • Goldballs is awesome, deadpool himself said it.
  • Who ever it happens to be I hope they release it as quickly as black panther was following Psylocke. Just wish they would give us time to accumulate a few covers of new characters before starting a tourney featuring them. (Tourney that starts tomorrow). We should at least get another pvp tourney after their release with them as rewards before their featured in tourneys. It's no fun to play tourneys with forced covers who are 1/1/1 or 1/1/2 etc etc for most of the community.
  • I want a 3-star Cap.

I agree with frequent releases. A new character every week would be crazy awesome. After playing this 1-star tourney, we could definitely use more 1-stars.
  • I want a 3-star Cap.

I agree with frequent releases. A new character every week would be crazy awesome. After playing this 1-star tourney, we could definitely use more 1-stars.

yeah, and some kind of rotating basis would be nice, new 1*, new 3*, new 2*, new 3*, new 2*, new 3*, repeat
  • I want a 3-star Cap.

yeah, and some kind of rotating basis would be nice, new 1*, new 3*, new 2*, new 3*, new 2*, new 3*, repeat

3-4 new covers per month instead of 2-3 every 2 months.
    I would go from spending $5/month to $50. Lol
  • So far I've been really impressed with the frequency of new character releases, yeah I'd love to finish some off before starting new ones but ultimately (as seen with Thorverine) that type of situation isn't good for the game (regardless of cause).
  • So far I've been really impressed with the frequency of new character releases, yeah I'd love to finish some off before starting new ones but ultimately (as seen with Thorverine) that type of situation isn't good for the game (regardless of cause).

I think of character release rate increased by 2-3x then the ISO gain rate would be able to improve as consequence also. The point of slow ISO gain is to keep every1 from maxing every cover, making it a commodity. More cover, more ISO needed to max them all, more ISO able to be given and still maintain reasonable levels.

Did I make sense there?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been trying to think of an interesting way to introduce multiple new covers at the same time.

What if they held an event where three new characters were introduced at the same time? With the usual reward tiers, that would mean no-one would be able to get all three characters at the same time. Then follow that with a trio of PvP events that each use one required hero in order to win one of the others. It does seem like a lot of effort considering that it effectively splits up the community into 3 divisions. Although it would be interesting to watch as people in the 51-75 would probably either try to push higher for 2 covers of the 1st hero, or halt their point grabbing to try and drop into range of 3 covers for the 2nd hero. There would be some interesting "cliffs" in the rankings.
    An alternative spin on this idea would be to run a kind of "heroes vs villains" event. Through some means, players either fight for the heroes or villains, and the reward is either a new hero cover or new villain cover, but make it so that players can't join both events.

I think the core concept is sound, I'm just not sure how it would be implemented. It would definitely require a lot more communication from the devs, since a lot of players would dive in without reading the event rules and then complain that they picked the wrong side. Regardless, I think it is achievable.

Hmm, maybe have two different "global point trackers" one for Points won by Heroes and the other for Points won by Villains - so that the composition of your team actually matters - and then split rewards depending on whether the heroes or the villains win more points.

Anyway, I think that the game could probably stand to gain a few more 1 and 2* covers for the sake of variety. I'd love to see a new 2* hero take a bit of the load that oBW has been carrying recently.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I've been trying to think of an interesting way to introduce multiple new covers at the same time.

What if they held an event where three new characters were introduced at the same time? With the usual reward tiers, that would mean no-one would be able to get all three characters at the same time. Then follow that with a trio of PvP events that each use one required hero in order to win one of the others. It does seem like a lot of effort considering that it effectively splits up the community into 3 divisions. Although it would be interesting to watch as people in the 51-75 would probably either try to push higher for 2 covers of the 1st hero, or halt their point grabbing to try and drop into range of 3 covers for the 2nd hero. There would be some interesting "cliffs" in the rankings.
    An alternative spin on this idea would be to run a kind of "heroes vs villains" event. Through some means, players either fight for the heroes or villains, and the reward is either a new hero cover or new villain cover, but make it so that players can't join both events.

I think the core concept is sound, I'm just not sure how it would be implemented. It would definitely require a lot more communication from the devs, since a lot of players would dive in without reading the event rules and then complain that they picked the wrong side. Regardless, I think it is achievable.

Hmm, maybe have two different "global point trackers" one for Points won by Heroes and the other for Points won by Villains - so that the composition of your team actually matters - and then split rewards depending on whether the heroes or the villains win more points.

Anyway, I think that the game could probably stand to gain a few more 1 and 2* covers for the sake of variety. I'd love to see a new 2* hero take a bit of the load that oBW has been carrying recently.

This was my idea a while back to introduce 6 new covers in small time span. A few people gave some constructive criticism and some good ideas of ways it could be improved that I never edited in. Making it happen over a course of 3 weekends. 2x1*'s 1st weekend. 2x2*'s 2nd weekend. 2x3*'s 3rd weekend. 1x4* 4th weekend. Instead if making it a week long thing. But I think it fits the bill of what u were looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3108&hilit=Extravaganza

I think of character release rate increased by 2-3x then the ISO gain rate would be able to improve as consequence also. The point of slow ISO gain is to keep every1 from maxing every cover, making it a commodity. More cover, more ISO needed to max them all, more ISO able to be given and still maintain reasonable levels.

Did I make sense there?

Yeah, that way we could max some specific characters (or as always make the choice to spread iso around) and if there was enough variety and balance there wouldn't be complaints about specific characters/teams.

It's hard in a game like this to keep there from being a main team that a lot of people use but extra characters can only help that situation (if done correctly of course).