Has PX been stealth nerfed again?

I just drew my 5th PX blue and was excited to give him a try with GSBW, even though my SW isn't quite ready yet. Based on board research, I expected Master Plan to fire for each match 5 I made, but it didn't. I got lucky and was able to make 3 separate match 5s in the same Activation of Deceptive Tactics, but Master plan only fired once, adding only 4 purple and one chunk of damage.

Is this new behavior? Or is it working as intended? (or both, I suppose is possible)

Comments

• JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Just tested my "winfinite" combo or whatever it's called and it seemed to be working fine and as usual. Not sure what you experienced but it doesn't seem intended at all.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I believe if they all resolve simultaneously, it only registers as one 5-match for PX's ability.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes Master Plan animation will play faster than you can see it happen, or will be delayed till the end of your turn. As for the ap generation, you have to watch all ap due to the strongest color bug, it will randomly generate colors you aren't expecting
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Also, if two Match-5's are touching each other, it is considered as one Match-5. So, try and space out your patterns of Purple.
    It can be hard sometimes, as you can't place tiles over Team Up or Special tiles, but about 75% of the time there's space to make 2 Match-5's at least with every cast of GSBW's Purple.

Agreed that if you've got multiple Master Plan's ready to trigger in a row, often one of them won't appear if there's a lot of chaos with cascades & crit tile matches. You should always get the AP though.
    IMO an optimal Charlie's Angles / Winfinite team has Prof X as the 3rd character (the right side on the team select screen), Black Widow in the middle, and Scarlet Witch on the left. Assuming Prof X's Blue match damage is less than either of their Purples, you should always generate Purple from Master Plan. That's how my team is, and I have 100% always gotten Purple.
    I think the "Strongest Color Bug" is when there is a tie. Then it just randomly picks one.

To be safe my 5 2 2 Prof X is only Level 165 (was super lucky to have not leveled him too high), and he is staying right there! That has his match damage I think exactly the same as both of their Purples, but it still works fine for me.
  • Thanks for the responses, and just some clarification about the situation I tested:

- I definitely spaced out the match 5s, understanding the "all connected = 1 match" issue.
    - I didn't care about the animation, but looked at my purple AP.
    - There were no ties, purple clearly in the lead (Loki & GSBW @166- 79 purple, PX@140 - 74 blue). Unless ties also apply to multiple purples?
    - I didn't look closely at other colors, so if there was random AP I might have missed it. Will pay attention next time.
    - It did all happen simultaneously, not like a match 5 and then a cascade into the next match 5.

If it happens again, I'll post to confirm that 2 or more simultaneous, but separate match 5s are only triggering Master Plan once. Seems like there's some uncertainty based on the replies. Hopefully Dr. Strange is wrong, but I suspect she's right. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Each 'seperate' match-5 will activate Master Plan. Been using it every day on DDQ and did not notice anything different recently.

Try to see if you can recreate this 'bug' and where you conducted this experiment.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    I was experiencing some issues with winfinate right before the update where it seems that master plan got sort of 'shorted out'(2-3 of them firing on the same turn, then wouldn't ever fire again, even on a single match 5). Since the last update(where his blue damage got increased), I've haven't noticed it anymore.
  • I just used the angels in DDQ, and it worked properly when getting 2 match 5s in a single casting of Tactics. So the only possibilities left are that it somehow breaks when making 3 separate match 5s, or that it was just an odd glitch bug. After the situation I initially reported, I was left with 5 purple, so I know _something_ went wrong and it wasn't just me having a senior moment...
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I use this combo quite frequently. Not encountered this. But I have made them touch without realising it until after it's fired. I'd guess that's what happened here. On a congested board with crit tiles, special tiles and team up tiles it can be tricky to spot. Especially if you are new to it. It happens. I've also made it so I didn't make a match 5 at all. Though only once!

My record for match 5s made is 7 on one turn, including cascades causing more match 5s. It always has collected the ap for each master plan fire.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the first complete the match? That would stop the others from triggering as it is a Passive ability.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:

My record for match 5s made is 7 on one turn, including cascades causing more match 5s. It always has collected the ap for each master plan fire.

Going in the WABAC Machine a bit:
    "I got Seven in one blow!"

BRAVE+LITTLE+TAILOR+1.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rAQiJGmDyQ