Don't switch out the stunned opponent

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I think this is new to his latest update. When you stun someone, they get switched to the back. That doesn't make sense. I stunned that person because she is a major threat, and I want to take her out immediately!

Now, I stun someone, and it switches her out, and then I'm attacking some other weak dude I didn't want to attack. So I gotta remember every time to switch it back to the stunned person. It's a pain.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's amazing how many times they've implemented **** gameplay tweaks like this, thinking it's a great idea that couldn't possible have a downside, when nothing could be further from the truth.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even better, if an entire team gets stunned, it still rotates them.

I often like to speculate about people's intentions when they do something perplexing, but here I'm at a loss.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed. This is an annoying change that nobody wanted. Who was asking for this "feature"?

Please undo, or give an option to turn it off in settings.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pure speculation, but I'd expect a character on the way who stuns based on specific matches once a skill is triggered (e.g. a countdown tile is placed and while it's active any blue match stuns the opponent). This switch-out would make sure you don't lose out on multiple stuns on a single turn from cascade matches.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My speculation is way simpler than that. I think they put in this change because this is the way THEY play, so they assume everyone else does too; ie, they stun a guy and think, "ok, I don't need to worry about him for now, let me go attack someone who's still active".
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Before the patch, when your lead character got stunned, it would automatically move them to the back when your turn started, right?

Maybe the code snippet that does that was mistakenly copied elsewhere?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the Bugs forum about this same issue:
    Hey all,

We have identified and resolved the issue internally. The fix will be part of the R93 patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Anthony