Shields

Options
Msm2008
Msm2008 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Really sick of putting up a shield when the attacks start coming in (which is non-stop once I hit 700 or so, but that's another story) only to still lose points 5 minutes later.

once a shield is up, no additional points should be deducted. Period. End of story.

Fix this.

Comments

• geoffubazi2
    Options
    Yesterday I lost more than 100 Points AFTER my shield was up. Went from 1050, to 799 - With my shield already up.

I actually got some of the "0 pts loss because sheilded" warnings BEFORE I lost the points.

What the hell.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is due to server lag - the server didn't register your shield until after the attacks came in.
    The easiest way to prevent this is to check the scoreboard immediately after shielding. This connects you to the game server and registers the shield.
  • Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    Options
    The easiest way to stop this is to force a server check prior to when you purchase a shield then immediately after. I think the concern is data usage to check in. To be honest, I am willing to spend the extra data because I am already paying for HP to shield. I'm also sure that almost anyone shielding more than once or twice per event is willing to spend the data to force a server check in so they don't lose points.

This needs to be implemented ASAP.