24 hour unkickable status for Alliances

Options
Selvokaz
Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
Just came across 2 foul Alliances and their practices, of accepting you into their alliances despite how well you do, they'll kick you after a event before you can claim you part of the alliance reward that you help them get, and it's not just the main event reward but the daily event reward as well. I mean in some cases these Alliances work like slave drivers anyway, but even when you met their expectations they are shuffling people around to try and optimize scores or push whatever agenda they have, and it's not fair to the people they are abusing.

I missed out on 2 Kamala Khan covers from Blind Justice and the PVE events I think it was, because of these dirty practices. D3go should do something about that to protect it's players because it kind of kills the enjoyment of the game, and before anyone mentions, I'm no slouch, pulling 2 to 3 clears a day on pve and still making time to rank in the top 10 if not top 5 in my PVP bracket, so it's not some scrublord whining about not being one of the cool kids, but rather in my opinion a serious and real issues.

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I realize that my solution doesn't work for everyone, but I fixed this problem by finding a casual alliance. We enjoy the game, occasionally get commandpoints.png when someone makes a purchase, and have fun while we're doing it. We have no hard and fast rules other than to be polite to each other and be willing to send team-ups.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Selvokaz wrote:
    Just came across 2 foul Alliances and their practices, of accepting you into their alliances despite how well you do, they'll kick you after a event before you can claim you part of the alliance reward that you help them get, and it's not just the main event reward but the daily event reward as well. I mean in some cases these Alliances work like slave drivers anyway, but even when you met their expectations they are shuffling people around to try and optimize scores or push whatever agenda they have, and it's not fair to the people they are abusing.

I missed out on 2 Kamala Khan covers from Blind Justice and the PVE events I think it was, because of these dirty practices. D3go should do something about that to protect it's players because it kind of kills the enjoyment of the game, and before anyone mentions, I'm no slouch, pulling 2 to 3 clears a day on pve and still making time to rank in the top 10 if not top 5 in my PVP bracket, so it's not some scrublord whining about not being one of the cool kids, but rather in my opinion a serious and real issues.

If they kick you before the event ends, your points don't count for them, if your points counted, you would get the alliance reward, even if booted 1 second after the event ends.

If you are merc'ing on the forums, i would send a PM to the alliance commander and find out why you were kicked, if using Line, you should handle it on there.

Also, if/when you merc, always make sure it is a reputable alliance!
  • Selvokaz
    Options
    Just in case no one caught on, I meant 24 Hour unkickable status, I'm sorry but i was typing on emotion at that moment and must have overlooked that one key word.
  • Selvokaz
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Selvokaz wrote:

If they kick you before the event ends, your points don't count for them, if your points counted, you would get the alliance reward, even if booted 1 second after the event ends.

If you are merc'ing on the forums, i would send a PM to the alliance commander and find out why you were kicked, if using Line, you should handle it on there.

I didn't say anything about before the event ends, I said before I could claim my rewards, ie before i checked back into the game. Which is still possible. If i ran a alliance with you and the event ends but before you checked back in to claim your alliance reward i and i kicked you, you would gain a alliance reward for that event because you're not in it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Selvokaz wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Selvokaz wrote:

I didn't say anything about before the event ends, I said before I could claim my rewards, ie before i checked back into the game. Which is still possible. If i ran a alliance with you and the event ends but before you checked back in to claim your alliance reward i and i kicked you, you would gain a alliance reward for that event because you're not in it.

As a professional merc, i can say 100% you absolutely do get the rewards, even if you leave while the rewards are still pending. Sometimes event rewards can lag, and take a few hours to come in.. but they do eventually come in.

If you didn't get the alliance rewards, then you were kicked prior to the event ending. The best thing to do, is to reach out and find out why. Also, it helps to be friendly with a few alliances, that way, when you merc, it will tend to be to the same few places, makes life loads easier.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fixed this problem by finding a casual alliance
    Or, just find a non-casual alliance that doesn't act like dirtbags. It's not hard, because hardly any would behave that way. An alliance that tries to screw people out of awards won't sustain itself, because no one would want to merc for them once people hear what they're doing. And there's often two sides to every story. As Malcrof has said, the only way you don't get awards is if you're kicked before the event ends. And if someone is kicked before the event ends, that usually means it's because their score was dragging down the alliance score.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Selvokaz wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Selvokaz wrote:

Malcrof is entirely right. If they kicked you even a nano-second after the event ended, your points count to that alliance AND rewards will be distributed to you as if you currently belonged to that alliance.

If you didn't get your alliance rewards, it means that they removed you before the event's end and they did not place using your points.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The downside to a 24-hour unkickable window would be that someone could lie your way into an alliance towards the end of an event, reap the rewards, and then move on until people know who they are. Then people will start wanting screenshots or other proof from alliance applicants and everything goes south fast.