5*s should only be available to those with a champ'd 4 or 3*

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I see a lot of complaints from newer players about winning 5*s and it ruining their pve and pvp scaling. I also personally feel that if someone is new to the game, they shouldn't have any way to win any covers of 5*s, the most powerful characters, the end-game that so many of us vets strive for.

So when the do a legendary token pull, there should be code that checks to see if they have any championed 4*s. If not, then it should only return 4* tokens. Once they do, it should return 5*s with the current odds.

Or if people think that's too harsh, then we can say that it shouldn't spit out 5*s until they at least champion one of their 3*s, which is maybe more reasonable.

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the current system works just fine. If they can't roster or use a cover right away, they can always sell it. I know I did that a lot with three- and four-star covers when I was starting out.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am also meeting some "noobs" with 5* heroes in PvP who decimate my maxed 3* heroes with their lucky hit and insane match power.
    5* heroes greatly devaluate 3* heroes, but championship system could greatly solve this problem. I addition, i dont believe newbies could get more 5* heroes faster than veterans... mainly because they are from legendary tokens only, that are obtainable MOSTLY for veterans (newcomers barely get them from reward/deadpool daily/ trough command point from PvE).
    Meeting 5* is a pain, but newcomers cant upgrade them or get more cards, even with extremely good luck. Just give it some time... i dont think something is flawed here.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Surely the better response would be for the scaling mechanic to be fixed? Why should a newer player be punished for getting a lucky pull of the randomness? In pretty much every other game getting a top tier character early actually helps the player instead of hindering them.