DPD wave node w/ Sentry

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
So I did the DPD 3* wave node today, which has Sentry/FemThor/BP (IIRC).

When I nuked the 3rd wave, the 4th wave loaded up and had enough Red AP banked so that Sentry could launch his Supernova power.

Not a big deal, but the computer team didn't take any damage. So somehow it launched the power before the team was loaded to take damage and the computer didn't take any damage.

This does not compute...
icon_lol.gif

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I suspect this is part of the long-standing issue with survival nodes, where the next wave can use abilities while the previous, all-dead wave are still on the field. You'll probably notice that if Captain Marvel is due to appear, downing the last enemy in the previous wave with enough damage will trigger her Energy Absorption power - same thing.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Not sure if this is related, and it doesn't affect the game mechanics at all, but I've noticed recently in that same DDQ 3* node using Charlie's Angels that when I wipe out a team of goons (or more like, the AI knows I'm going to finish them off with the current move), one of the heroes from the NEXT wave is showing as one of the goons. For example, a muscle turned into Captain Marvel while he took damage and until he was wiped out. The hero node then loaded correctly with Captain Marvel there, full of health (as she should be).
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I've noticed that same "animation goof" regarding the 3rd & 4th nodes. But I've always figured that is the animation graphic, as I've never seen a problem with powers activating.
  • Dinsdale
    Dinsdale Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    As a side note, I routinely trigger the same "animation goof" in the "Under the Sea" DPD 2* 2-round wave battle (I often wind up clearing the first wave with the firing of multiple 2*Hawkeye's "Speed Shot" countdowns).