Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum Thread

Comments

• I like it.

The PvE rewards are tiered just a little. If you notice, the first 3 easy nodes (level cap of 55 or so?) top out at 250 ISO I think, where the later nodes have a 500 ISO reward. This is completely different from what you are talking about, but it at least might suggest that the devs have some sense of offering greater rewards for more challenging nodes.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great idea!

Everybody wins, and the ones that we have been suffering these very scaled nodes, at least we are going to get more iso for it.
  • Fantastic idea, only problem with this would be I wouldn't stop playing!

As for it not addressing the RNG nature of rewards or the 20iso problem... yeah it does! Frankly neither of those issues would be a problem if you were still getting a decent iso output for matches played.

It only becomes a problem where you are getting 20iso for beating a 395 395 395 team. I wouldn't want multipliers to come too easily if you were getting a separate iso reward as well for each game.
  • Strong post.

Coherent, logically presented and workable. Which also surely means destined to be ignored by the dev team...hahaha.

Seriously though, scaled rewards seems like a no brainer in a game that CLEARLY utilizes scaling in all the matchup aspects of gameplay.

I second the idea of a base 0.5x multiplier in place of the 20 ISO rewards. Even a 0.25x multiplier would be sufficient in most cases, perhaps with a 20 ISO minimum. That's still a vast improvement over what is being doled out right now.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I upvoted this because it makes sense to have scaled prizes for scaled battles. Devs, get in on this in an upcoming update. You've done a good job with the Championing stuff, keep riding that high!
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    This is excellent. Like in the original Puzzle Quest, you get more experience and gold for defeating harder enemies than the easy ones.

I have so far mostly avoided using my maxed out 4* characters in PVE so as to keep my scaling under control. There is currently zero player benefit to having high scaling. If they do this, I might instead try to deliberately increase my scaling in order to earn more iso.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Brilliant!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's funny, I was also going to make a similar suggestion, but you have done it for me.

As the challenge scales upward, the base rewards should scale upwards as well. Someone in pvp who's forced to fight three enemies at lv 300 due to scaling should get more iso rewards than someone who only needs to fight the same three enemies at lv 200.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Amazing idea for PVE, 100%, but, in PVP, i do want to keep getting 2* covers, need them to champ with, and currently the only place to get bagman covers.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Amazing idea for PVE, 100%, but, in PVP, i do want to keep getting 2* covers, need them to champ with, and currently the only place to get bagman covers.

Agreed. PVP node pay-offs are pretty good. You currently get between 70 and 250 iso or a 1* or 2* cover, all of which are decent.

It's that 20 iso in pve that ruins it, especially after fighting some highly overpowered goons!! Or even worse doing a 15-minute survival node for just 20 iso!
  • Ooooooooo, I hadn't considered survival nodes! The iso rewards on those would be wonderful! They could become the new iso mines instead of lightning rounds.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    It largely depends on their revenue stream. If the make a significant chunk of money off of people buying ISO, there's no incentive for them to change. If they don't, this is a perfect idea.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    wirius wrote:
    It largely depends on their revenue stream. If the make a significant chunk of money off of people buying ISO, there's no incentive for them to change. If they don't, this is a perfect idea.

I wonder if they are making money off of ISO purchases, though. I'd be tempted to buy some myself except that it is such a terrible deal that I can't imagine myself, let alone anybody else, actually buying any.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Having just played "Webbed Wonder" yesterday ... and rolled into the "Prodigal Sun" scaling test today ... I feel compelled to bump this thread.

Playing far higher scaling, and doing it more often, for the same pay is a fool's game.

STRIKE! icon_lol.gif

That's exactly what I'm doing on Prodigal Son PVE. I can live a week without the extra ISO to make a point.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Somebody at D3 needs to hire this guy!! icon_exclaim.gif

Being starved for ISO-8 is NO fun! I lead a transitioning pve alliance and everyone is afraid to open their LTs for fear of ruining their scaling. Heck.. Some have even resorted to selling their 5* covers just to scale back their difficulty. I find that sad. icon_e_sad.gif

Another idea: Make a quarantine area, sort of like PVP shields, where you can put your 4 and 5 star covers until you can use them. Either make it a fixed time, like one month, that you cannot get your character back, or make it so that you can get them back by taking them out of quarantine but you have to pay again to put them in quarantine again. It would still cost a roster spot but it wouldn't affect the scaling while they are put away. I'd suggest that new covers acquired for a quarantined character be allowed to be added while quarantined. This way lower level players wouldn't be so afraid to open LTs but would still have to pay for new char roster slots.

Did that make sense?

Or, at least make it so there aren't timers on 5* covers so they can sit waiting for an unlimited amount of time.

Players should not have to fear opening their rewards!
  • Chameleon wrote:
    Somebody at D3 needs to hire this guy!! icon_exclaim.gif

Being starved for ISO-8 is NO fun! I lead a transitioning pve alliance and everyone is afraid to open their LTs for fear of ruining their scaling. Heck.. Some have even resorted to selling their 5* covers just to scale back their difficulty. I find that sad. icon_e_sad.gif

Another idea: Make a quarantine area, sort of like PVP shields, where you can put your 4 and 5 star covers until you can use them. Either make it a fixed time, like one month, that you cannot get your character back, or make it so that you can get them back by taking them out of quarantine but you have to pay again to put them in quarantine again. It would still cost a roster spot but it wouldn't affect the scaling while they are put away. I'd suggest that new covers acquired for a quarantined character be allowed to be added while quarantined. This way lower level players wouldn't be so afraid to open LTs but would still have to pay for new char roster slots.

Did that make sense?

Or, at least make it so there aren't timers on 5* covers so they can sit waiting for an unlimited amount of time.

Players should not have to fear opening their rewards!

Hear, hear