Are you moving or removing posts?

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, a couple posts I've made to Jamie's Balance thread have been removed. And as I look at the thread more carefully, I'm not the only one.
Gosh, I guess they didn't have a number in them - sue me.

But were they removed from existence or moved? I received no PM indicating what the tinykitty is going on. It appears you simply removed them without informing me cause they don't show up on my searched posts anymore. In that particular thread, the mod suggested "the devs will be paying attention to it" - but if you start arbitrarily removing posts, I can only assume you either don't want the devs to read certain things, or you don't want other forumites reading certain things.

If you are taking to censoring the board with this kind of regularity now then why even post at all or even have a forum? Making multiple posts go poof that don't violate any rules is...pretty much the last straw.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    They want data (numbers, damage differences etc etc) not **** and moaning, which I understand. But there's a few problems with that.

#1:) We don't kittying know what they changed, and what is and is not intended, so its hard to come up with numbers when we dont know what we're supposed to be looking for.
    #2:) There wasn't much advance warning that so many numbers/damage differences would be happening, so the original #s are largely just guesswork or involve tons of digging and searching thru character threads for OG #s, as well as copious amounts of math to account for strike/protect tiles and the like...stuff you really should be paying your playtesters to do, not asking your players to do, especially when a large chunk of them are unhappy
    And last, but certainly not least, #3:) YOU FOLKS MADE THE CHANGE!! How do you NOT know what you changed?!?!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I agree with you that they are removing any posts that are critical of the recent changes from that particular thread. Somehow we've been reduced to forensics techs instead of customers who are trying to express what we LIKE AND DON"T LIKE about the changes.

But I feel removing so many posts (the balance thread was at 5 pages yesterday and only 4 pages today) is too heavy handed. I want to point this out and make sure it is noticed.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with you that they are removing any posts that are critical of the recent changes from that particular thread. Somehow we've been reduced to forensics techs instead of customers who are trying to express what we LIKE AND DON"T LIKE about the changes.

But I feel removing so many posts (the balance thread was at 5 pages yesterday and only 4 pages today) is too heavy handed. I want to point this out and make sure it is noticed.

First.. none were deleted, we still have them all. Secondly.. complaints, and general feedback about the change, we specifically asked you make a separate thread for. so that one can be for actual data to be used.

Posts that were off topic, or general feedback, were in fact rafted from that thread, if a general thread shows up, will gladly move them all into it, nothing was removed for being "attack" or "language" etc.. just off topic is all, there is a purpose to that thread, it is not because they don't have the numbers, they want your real input as to which characters exactly that you use often and which skills you use that you have noticed changes in, and whether you like or dislike.. people are looking way to deep for hidden meanings, and that has nothing to do with what we were asking for in that thread.

So, in short, if a general feedback about the change type thread appears, the posts will most likely be moved into that one.. but off topic posts in the stickied, will continue to be removed. Not trying to be harsh at all, or heavy handed, just trying to keep it focused.