Crazy idea for ISO farming

UNC_Samurai
UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
While it's early in the season, and we aren't rushing to hit 2k in the sim, I have a crazy idea, and I'm trying it out myself in the hopes that someone finds me an easy 100+ iso...

I played a few rounds of the sim this evening, then promptly switched my lineup over to Juggs/1-Storm/Baggy. So if you see me with this lineup, it means I'm not clearing/grinding in PvE or climbing in PvP. Please, hit me. Everyone can use a few more iso.

And I think as many of us that can do it, should leave out a team of chumps when we're not working on other events. Since sim is strictly progression-based rewards, it doesn't hurt to lose a couple of hundred points early in the season - we'll make it back up when we climb. And the more we hit each other, the more points accumulate, and the more iso we can farm.

So join me - be a good, good neighbor, and leave a team of scoobies out on the defensive.

Comments

• So my only problem with this is that I only ever get matched with maxed 3*s or higher nowadays, thanks to drawing a few mostly-useless-so-far 5* covers. So if your cupcakes are sitting at low points, I'll never ever see them. Still doesn't hurt to help newbies grab a few points, of course. Any ideas on how to reveal those tasty treats for my queue?
  • This is a wonderful idea but there is a problem in the mechanics of it.

The simulator, like every other event in the game, is a contained event. In order for you to leave a specific team up in the Simulator, it must be the last team that you WON a match with. In my simulator, the teams that I face right from the get go are all 166 3* squads. So I need to beat them with the cupcake team in order to leave that team out on defense and available to be hit for points.

While I am sure that not everyone is at this place in the game, it is an obstacle that presents a tough wall to get through no matter what level someone is at. I find that just pushing and leaving myself unshielded throughout the entire course of the event is usually enough to allow for points to keep getting pushed into the system.

What could be done, I suppose, is that you could find a team to win with that utilizes the AI poorly. The Vision comes to mind. He can be fantastic when user controlled, but he's pretty lousy under AI control and easily beaten.

Anyway, just my input.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Dont think this will ever happen, even if you are not interested in SIM progression (even only for the moment and later you will start), most go out for climping up and wanna take as less as possible defense loses...

The main problem will continue... ISO shortage!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noble idea but it solves nothing I'm affraid. The iso shortage is huge but..... it was always like that. I keep playing the way I was playing and not worry about champions. If I have a 3* at 150 and get his cover - I will find iso to champion him. If he is at 120 - not worth the effors (so I sell the cover towards the first guy).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    As soon as i hit 2k in Shield Sim, i fully intend on putting a softie in there, so i can drop back down, get all the easy teams, and farm iso until my fingers break.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    ...it must be the last team that you WON a match with.

Is this true? If so, it pretty much screws this idea all up. I've been using Charlie's Angels to climb and let it get knocked back down only to climb again. Would love to leave a different team out there so it could actually get knocked back down faster, but if you have to win with that "easy" team, it won't work I'd imagine.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it has to be a winning team. But there are a few teams that are great on offense but suck on Defense, like Stormneto, and Charlies Angels, so you can climb, leave them there to get nailed a few times, then climb again.

The other option is to not wait to get beat... you could dump points. Grab your 3 lowest guys and keep losing to people until those 3 are dead, then pick the next 3 lowest guys in your roster, lose repeatedly with them, etc. until you are back down where you want to be. Ideally you would do this before bed so everyone heals up by morning and you can climb again, then dump at the end of the day. It's a longer process since they nerfed the defensive win points, but still it's a nice morale boost to log on and see defensive wins, share a little joy!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically, the last week of the season, the Ssim would be a cupcake factory.. all it takes to get started is 1 person to use a whale on something with a 2* team, and everyone who q's it to use 2* teams to beat it.

Of course not everyone would play fair, or help, you would have people not knowing whats going on, or not caring, just beating things with their A teams
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a good idea to churn more fights, except I've heard at least one person who's done this complain that their sacrificial team is getting steamrolled by a lot of 5*s, so they lose the points and don't get a retal they can hit back.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually climb early with 2* Storm, 2* Magneto and The Hood and all the retaliation nodes seem to be full of Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Hulkbuster or full on maxed 4* teams.
  • UNC_Samurai
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:

Is this true? If so, it pretty much screws this idea all up. I've been using Charlie's Angels to climb and let it get knocked back down only to climb again. Would love to leave a different team out there so it could actually get knocked back down faster, but if you have to win with that "easy" team, it won't work I'd imagine.

What happens if you turn around and beat a prologue mission with a team of 1* s? Or is it event-specific?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:

What happens if you turn around and beat a prologue mission with a team of 1* s? Or is it event-specific?
    Event Specific.

PVE and PVP are separate, your winning team in PVE will not change your defensive team in PVP. Different Simultaneous PVP's (including Shield Simulator and Lightning Rounds) are all different entities, so your defensive team will be limited to the team that you last used to gain a victory in each individual PVP.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35008
    Question 14
  • UNC_Samurai
    JVReal wrote:
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:

Event Specific.

PVE and PVP are separate, your winning team in PVE will not change your defensive team in PVP. Different Simultaneous PVP's (including Shield Simulator and Lightning Rounds) are all different entities, so your defensive team will be limited to the team that you last used to gain a victory in each individual PVP.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35008
    Question 14

Well, that about wraps up my wild-eyed plan. Back to the drawing board.