Would you support a scale to win PVE

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
Many people said they dont like how pve scales so i wonder if many would play PVE if you could pick your scaling.

What i mean by that is there could be 3 PVE running at the same time.

Easy AI Scale is up to 120
normal AI SCale is up to 240
Hard AI scale up to 395

the harder the event you pick the better rewards you would earn...

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This would help in some ways (i.e. not having 2 star and 3 star transitioner rosters able to compete with 4 star rosters and also limiting effectiveness of softcapping), but it wouldn't work that well with the split we already have between 5 slices. Very often I find brackets not filling before an end of a PvE, which means joining late creates an impossible situation to catch up in.
  • that would be pointless. Since if you do not select hard more, you have no chance of ending in top50.
    Then you ll have to use boosters in every single battle to get any reward at all.
    Personally i just want more PvE's like the gauntlet. Where i can play when i want and where i am not competing against other players.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Frasaria wrote:
    Personally i just want more PvE's like the gauntlet. Where i can play when i want and where i am not competing against other players.

Gauntlet and like the TA Hulk/Ant Man one offs.
    A short set of a half dozen nodes with gradual difficulty increase that ends with you getting a single cover of a character.
    I feel all new characters, barring 5*s, should roll out this way.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Many people said they dont like how pve scales so i wonder if many would play PVE if you could pick your scaling.

What i mean by that is there could be 3 PVE running at the same time.

Easy AI Scale is up to 120
    normal AI SCale is up to 240
    Hard AI scale up to 395

the harder the event you pick the better rewards you would earn...

Rather than expecting players to judge what scaling they should be facing, how about they just fix the current scaling, increase the amount of characters considered for the calculation and take their base rather than boosted levels too.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would support any system that doesn't punish me for doing well. I have put in the time and effort to get my roster. I paid my dues and now that it is finally getting to be a respectable roster and in theory the game should get easier, but no instead I get faced against goons that are over 200 levels above my maxed characters level.

Seriously I thought this level 395 **** was in direct response to Spiderman's stun lock combined or Ragnorak endless move cycle spam. They funbalanced those 2 characters so why not funbalance the scaling as well?
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I don't agree with this option, as it would do nothing to stop vets joining the easy bracket and taking all of the placement rewards away from the noobs. You know, like what happens already.
    If I was only going to play a PvE casually there's no way I'd bother joining the hard bracket when I can just breeze it in the easy one. Then I'll join a hard bracket when I have a week free to grind.

I absolutely want more gauntlet-type PvE's, they perfectly capture the feel of a puzzle game, as you can mix your roster up to beat each node, and it can be played WHEN YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY IT.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I would support any system that doesn't punish me for doing well...

Usually games give you harder opponents as you get stronger. But most give you better rewards for harder opponents too. And things get slightly easier as you improve until you reach the next break. The problem with MPQ is things don't get easier as you improve but get a lot harder instead and you get the same rewards as before too.

PVE is just another way of PvP, competing against other players to see who clears nodes quickest and has the time to keep playing the refresh schedule. Things would be a lot nicer imho if they just made all rewards in PVE progression rewards and stopped the tiring grind.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Simulator used to be like that, with one "easy" and one "hard" sub open simultaneously. Of course, you could play as much as you wanted in both, but since you got more points in the hard sub it was slightly easier for new players to get sub placement rewards in the easy sub.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    This would help in some ways (i.e. not having 2 star and 3 star transitioner rosters able to compete with 4 star rosters and also limiting effectiveness of softcapping), but it wouldn't work that well with the split we already have between 5 slices. Very often I find brackets not filling before an end of a PvE, which means joining late creates an impossible situation to catch up in.
    I feel about that the way a lot of people feel about soft-capping. Why should someone who joins with 1 hour left in the event get good rewards?