Who is the most average character in the game?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I would say Human Torch. Basically he has 3 good attacks. It's that simple, he's a good character and I would say there are the same number of characters who are worse than there are better.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I consider punisher pretty average, maybe Daredevil too.
  • 3* Thor, DD, GSBW are all... Meh! They're worth using and have a place in my roster, but if I could pick any three maxed 3*s from today's options they probably wouldn't be in there
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we're talking 4*s, I'd say Nick Fury.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    3* Thor was voted best character only a while back - (personally rarely use him)

GSBW - can be maga powerful (especially PvE) when paired with Prof X & Scarlet witch - pretty much only combo I can use to reliably take down Lv 300+ 2* daken.

For me I'd say Mystique & Marvel - both can be good but never really fit in.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Got any other parameters to go with your question? Stars, pvp/pve, versatility, damage, support utility?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Bullseye's kinda middling.
    He has some nice abilities and he's freakin awesome for survival nodes (discovered that when he was boosted for Enemy of the State) but for general fights he's just kinda there. Especially if no-one is able to put any special tiles down.

Used to love using 3* Thor but now he's kinda boring. He's not bad really just...dull.

I wish Psylocke was better, too. Her blue is such a waste. I have no idea why anyone would put 5 covers in it.

I've never really liked using Sentry, but I find him even more annoying post nerf. Damages your team, creates countdow timers which are way too slow...just meh.

Colossus, too, I wanted to be much better than he is. He was an awesome tank until Luke Cage came out right afterwards and just shoved him aside.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a bunch that I remember hearing "this is a great one to have!", before I got them and before better characters came out...by the time I got them they weren't so great anymore.

Actually, now that I think about it, many of them are the characters that didn't get health boosts. 3* Daken/Wolvie/Hulk/Loki all are very "meh" at this point.

4*....XForce anyone? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, Punisher can defeat TBE final round solo.. so maybe he is above average, also, his retribution can do massive damage to lvl 395 chars, downing them instantly..

The most average? Beat, creates 3 average strength special tiles, had a midlin heal, and a low to midlin aoe/board shake.

Still use him daily though.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I would have to say Punisher is probably the most average, maybe closely followed by someone like Beast, Bullseye or Daredevil. Punisher admittedly has a great red, but his other abilities are average, as is his health (dies far too quickly, though I guess he's only a dude in combar armor)...

Nick Fury is the epitomy of average at the 4* region - good abilities, but too slow and not enough health, balancing him out to average-ville. I used 4* Thor/Wolvie to 1k yesterday without too much hassle (admittedly I have poor 3* and 4* buffs this week), so I wouldn't say Wolvie is average - Surgical Strike is still awesome, and his green and yellow have their moments (albeit, a bit weak).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Malcrof wrote:
    well, Punisher can defeat TBE final round solo.. so maybe he is above average, also, his retribution can do massive damage to lvl 395 chars, downing them instantly..

Wouldn't it be lovely to know just how much damage you'd need to do though?

Nothing like getting a few minutes into a match and saying "Wait...how much HP did this guy start with again?" and taking a pot shot on downing them.

Nope...just 2k damage. Oh well 8I
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun topic. The last character rankings I could find was in November and polled the 50 players who've been playing the longest. Of the 40 3* the ones ranked 20 and 21 would be the most average as there are an equal number better or worse.

And the winner is....

Super Tanks!

Grocket and Hulk!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36927

Also, Daken/Torch at the 2* level and Storm/Iron Man at 1*, too many new 4* for this to work there lol.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Nothing like getting a few minutes into a match and saying "Wait...how much HP did this guy start with again?" and taking a pot shot on downing them.

That's why I usually check their HP before firing Retribution to make sure it is an instakill...
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker

But you do know. It's 100-40=60% of the target's max hp. icon_e_wink.gif

P.S. Always good to play with a standard calculator on hand.

ur5Ra.jpg
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    The Hulk is obviously the most average, because...

...he's mean, green, and ugly.

[ducks thrown tomatoes]
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Captain America. You're basically just trying to horde as much blue/red as you can until you can get his shields going.

Also, Rocket and Groot. They only have one real worthwhile power. Even worse, by the time you finally get enough blue ap there is still a chance the countdown tile will be destroyed.

I actually like Hulk, only for taking into battles where I know my characters will incur massive damage. His passive ability can be a lot of fun.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

That's why I usually check their HP before firing Retribution to make sure it is an instakill...

Okay, you're fighting Juggernaut and he has 3500 HP left. Will it work?

Wait, you want to know what his starting HP was? Too bad, you've already done damage to him and you can't find out 8I
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Okay, you're fighting Juggernaut and he has 3500 HP left. Will it work?

Wait, you want to know what his starting HP was? Too bad, you've already done damage to him and you can't find out 8I

Why wouldn't you just click on Juggernaut?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Why wouldn't you just click on Juggernaut?

Why wou...why...click on Ju....you mean.....

............dammit.